3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 4:44 PM by Newsgroup_User

Template not changing released pages

murosoft
      I’m not getting changes done in released webpages based on the template.

Here are the steps done to get into my current situation.

1.- I’ve made a web page that included all the parts that I needed.
      2.- Generated in this page some “editable regions” and established default text.
      3.- saved this page as template.
      4.- Began to make new pages based on the template that I just made. (All of them have the option “update page when template changes”). Now at this moment I have about 50 pages. Which, all of them have the editable region “header image” changed, in order to personalize each page.
      5.- Then, I needed to make some changes in the spacing that images have from header, and other visual elements. So in an editable region “header image”, I erased the default text and added a three-row table, with a text written at the middle row.

Then I save this template, and it asks me if I want to update all the pages that use this template. I click accept button, and search on this pages, but any change appears.

What I see, is that only new webpages generated with the template will have the mentioned modification, the pages generated before the template change, will stay just like they are, old information without table-modification (change that I made on the template).
        • 1. Re: Template not changing released pages
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          >So in an editable region “header image”, I erased the default text and added a three-row table,
          >with a text written at the middle row.

Isn't that your answer there? You made the change to an editable region.
          http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14804&sliceId=2
          • 2. Re: Template not changing released pages
            murosoft Level 1
            Well, yes, i wasn´t aware that dreamweaver treats different each type of area (locked and editable).

I was hoping that will prompt a window asking me to change the data that already got in these editable areas.

Thank you very much BREGENT.

PS: i made a table at the code so changes remain in locked area, instead editable area.
            • 3. Re: Template not changing released pages
              Level 7
              > Well, yes, i wasn?t aware that dreamweaver treats different each type of
              > area
              > (locked and editable).

DW's F1 help would have told you that instantly. If this were not the case,
              then you could never have unique content on any page.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"murosoft" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:fii9ag$g9g$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Well, yes, i wasn?t aware that dreamweaver treats different each type of
              > area
              > (locked and editable).
              >
              > I was hoping that will prompt a window asking me to change the data that
              > already got in these editable areas.
              >
              > Thank you very much BREGENT.
              >
              > PS: i made a table at the code so changes remain in locked area, instead
              > editable area.
              >