Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trial Version keeps crashing

Former Community Member

Hello,

I recently installed the trial version of Adobe Acrobat 9 and LiveCycle.

I was working on a form and was half way through when the program shut down on me. Now whenever I open the program, it opens ok but when I try to either create a new file or open a current file, I get the following error message before the program shuts down.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell microsoft about this problem.

We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what this error data report contains, click here.

I was happy with the product and looking to purchase it but now I am not so sure!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Susanna

3 Replies

Level 2

If you installed LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 on the same computer as Microsoft SQL Server 2008, LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 crashes when launched. If this is the case then please refer to the knowledge base article on this topic: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407823.html

Make sure to download and install the following file:

Date: November 26, 2008

Download: vcredist_x86.exe

Issue: Microsoft’s mfc80u.dll (version 8.0.50727.1833) installed by SQL Server 2008 causes Designer 8.2.1 to crash on launch.

Fix: Installing the attached vcredist_x86.exe will install a new version (8.0.50727.3079 ) of the Microsoft redistributable DLLs including mfc80u.dll to resolve this issue hope this helps someone else.

Be sure to post additional comments and questions around LiveCycle Designer ES on the LC Designer user forums: http://forums.adobe.com/community/livecycle/livecycle_es/livecycle_designer_es

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue.

Former Community Member

Hi, I don't think I have SQL server installed on my machine. I downloaded and installed vcredist_x86.exe but this did not solve the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Susanna

Level 2

Try the following options:

1. Delete the following folders:

Win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8 C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe\Designer

Win Vista:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Designer\8.0

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe\Designer

Then re-run LC Designer ES2.

2. Also make sure only one instance of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable is present in Add/Remove programs.

Let me know if this does the trick for you.