3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 7:09 AM by the_wine_snob

getting weird quality problems in SD

OUTTHERENJ2010

i am currently working on a project in SD 16:9 ion which every image and every title is outputing in poor qulaity.

i have manipulated this stuff a dozen times and changed settings all round, but if i'm doing an sd project, i
      get this quality issue.

this is Premiere CS4

720x480 NTSC 16:9

outputing to the same format avi.

the images are jpegs or pngs and of course

the titles dont show transparecny properly or shadows.

i never had this problem before and i have been doing projects this way for a long time,
      so i cant figure out what the issue is.

can anybody help?

• 1. Re: getting weird quality problems in SD
          Harm Millaard Level 7

That begs for the question: What did YOU change? Artificial Intelligence is not present in CS4, so if things changed, you have done it. What?

• 2. Re: getting weird quality problems in SD
            OUTTHERENJ2010 Level 1

thanks, but the point of asking is to find out who has had this experience and what caused, and possibly solved it for them.

it's one thing if i imported bad images or something like that, but the titles arent external and they are displaying improperly too.

i dont argue that something i did could have caused the problem, but something corrupt in premiere could have as well, and
            doesnt require AI for it to have happened. the question is which is it, or is it both?

• 3. Re: getting weird quality problems in SD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you please give the specs. on your JPEG's and PNG's? This would be the pixel x pixel dimensions of those images, mainly.

the titles dont show transparecny properly or shadows.

I'm not sure that I follow here. Where are the Titles being created - Titler? How are the Titles being used - on a Video Track above the still image on a lower Video Track? Please explain the reference to "shadows," as I am totally lost there.

This ARTICLE will give you some tips on still images into video.

In your Export, do you have Recompress turned ON, or OFF? I leave this OFF for almost all Exports.

Good luck,

Hunt