1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 11:36 AM by Brian5010

TabNavigator gets confused?

Brian5010 Level 1

Using SDK 3.4.1

I'm running into an issue where I have x number of tabs and lose the ability to switch between tabs without selecting the same tab twice.  For example, if I have 6 tabs:

(tab1)..tab2..tab3..tab4..tab5..tab6

(tab1) is my currently active tab.  And I try to select tab6, I get two different IndexChangedEvents.  The first has an oldIndex of 1 (tab1) and a newIndex of 6 (tab6) - and I can see the application change to tab6.  However, the second IndexChangedEvent has an oldIndex of 6 (tab6) and a newIndex of 1 (tab1) causing the application to change back to tab1.

I'm still digging through code and searching for answers to this issue.  Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

• 1. Re: TabNavigator gets confused?
          Brian5010 Level 1

Finally discovered the cause of this issue:  html template with history

Removing the history option from our html template (or using the normal template without history,) prevented the strange tab behavior described above.

Additional notes:

• The strange behavior was only seen in Chrome (4.1.249.1036)
          • Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 did not have this strange behavior but the history (back button) did not work either.
          • Firefox 3.6 had a display issue where addition text (history related) showed up on the page below the swf (removing history from our template fixed this as well.)