2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 6:38 PM by BluegillMedia

Importing site info from Dreamweaver 8 to CS3

osu1415
      I am thinking about moving from Dreamweaver 8 to Dreamweaver CS3. I have roughly 10 sites that I edit and update. I am wondering if there is a way to import the site information from 8 to CS3 (meaning the FTP info, folders, etc).

Thanks for the help,
      Joe
        • 1. Re: Importing site info from Dreamweaver 8 to CS3
          Günter Schenk Level 4
          Dreamweaver CS3 will be importing existing DW8 sites including all their current settings
          • 2. Re: Importing site info from Dreamweaver 8 to CS3
            BluegillMedia

I have a similar issue. I had CS4 installed on my machine with about 20 sites/ftp info etc saved into it. My computer had a complete meltdown and I had to rebuild the computer. I have installed CS4 onto the new hard drive and I was able to save the old hard drive (it was unstable though and safer to start fresh). Is it possible to have my installation of CS4 grab the site information from a different drive on my machine? I was hoping it would just find it when I installed the software, but no such luck.

I tried "importing sites" but I could find any .ste files that it was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will take a long time to re-input all of those sites.