2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2007 9:37 AM by Ehd24

Inserting Flash Video Error

Ehd24 Level 1
      I am using CS3 and trying to insert a .flv file that is on a remote server and I keep getting this error:

/Scripts/ - error occurred - Unable to create remote folder /Scripts/. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
      Scripts\AC_RunActiveContent.js - user cancelled

The file exists and I have permission to access it. I can't figure our why because I can upload the .mp3 files that are in the same folder as the .flv file without a problem.

code:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="176" height="132" id="FLVPlayer">
      <param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
      <param name="salign" value="lt" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
      <param name="FlashVars" value="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_1&streamName=media/Introduction&autoPla y=false&autoRewind=false" />
      <embed src="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" flashvars="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_1&streamName=media/Introduction&aut oPlay=false&autoRewind=false" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="176" height="132" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" />
      </object>

Thanks in advance for your help!
        • 1. Re: Inserting Flash Video Error
          Level 7
          When you insert flash into DW pages, DW creates a folder for you in the root
          called Scripts with the AC_RunActiveContent.js file in it. This JavaScript
          enables ActiveX content to run without sending up nag alerts to visitors.
          Since your web page is looking for this file, you need to upload the Scripts
          folder to your server.

--Nancy O.
          Alt-Web Design & Publishing
          www.alt-web.com

"Ehd24" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fc4gd0$htb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I am using CS3 and trying to insert a .flv file that is on a remote server
          and
          > I keep getting this error:
          >
          > /Scripts/ - error occurred - Unable to create remote folder /Scripts/.
          Access
          > denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.
          Make
          > sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is
          properly
          > configured.
          > Scripts\AC_RunActiveContent.js - user cancelled
          >
          > The file exists and I have permission to access it. I can't figure our
          why
          > because I can upload the .mp3 files that are in the same folder as the
          .flv
          > file without a problem.
          >
          > code:
          >
          > <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
          >
          codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
          b#ve
          > rsion=8,0,0,0" width="176" height="132" id="FLVPlayer">
          > <param name="movie"
          > value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
          > <param name="salign" value="lt" />
          > <param name="quality" value="high" />
          > <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
          > <param name="FlashVars"
          >
          value="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_1&streamName=media/Introdu
          ctio
          > n&autoPlay=false&autoRewind=false" />
          > <embed src="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf"
          >
          flashvars="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_1&streamName=media/Int
          rodu
          > ction&autoPlay=false&autoRewind=false" quality="high" scale="noscale"
          > width="176" height="132" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT"
          > type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
          >
          pluginspage=" http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Ve
          rsio
          > n=ShockwaveFlash" />
          > </object>
          >
          >
          > Thanks in advance for your help!
          >

• 2. Re: Inserting Flash Video Error
            Ehd24 Level 1
            Thank you Nancy O. It worked perfectly!