6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 5:04 PM by Harm Millaard

frame size doesn't match

mentalcase129 Level 1

I'm working on an animated project...doing the animation in Flash and then doing various effects and editing in Premiere Pro CS3.  I've been rendering my scenes out of flash as PNG sequences, and then bringing them into Premiere...and so far it seems to be working well for picture quality and what not, but I just noticed something weird.  I'm rendering frames from Flash with 1280x720 resolution...and in Premiere I'm working with a project size of 1280x720, so it should be a perfect fit, right?  But it doesn't seem to be.  If I render an image sequence from Premiere, the dimensions are fine, but if I render a video file it stretches the picture out horizontally for some reason, and also crops the left and right edges.  I also noticed that in Premiere if I choose 'scale to fit frame size' in the timeline than the image shrinks a bit and leaves a very narrow letterbox at the top and bottom...this solves the cropping issue when I export but the image is still inexplicable stretched...not to mention that if the clip size has the exact same dimensions as the frame size, 'scale to fit frame size' really shouldn't do anything at all.

Anybody know what's going on here?  At the moment it doesn't have a big impact on my project but when I finish and want to render out watchable video it's gonna be a problem, so I might as well figure it out now before I go any further.

thanks in advance