4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 2:30 PM by BVX3001
      • 1. Re: Is there anything like Nattress Film Effects for Premiere?
        Curt Wrigley Level 4

Pr can do all that natively.  I dont see the benefit of that plugin even for FCP.  It simply added a matte top and bottom, then he exported twice.  Once with the matte and a second time removing the matte.  Pretty redundant workflow if you ask me.

In Pr You can simple export with what ever aspect ratio you want in AME.  One step.

Or; if you want to see the result of loosing the vertical space, add a matte on the timeline to see if any clips needs re-positioned.

• 2. Re: Is there anything like Nattress Film Effects for Premiere?
          mrtim63

I'm a bit confused at the brush off.  The Natress Film effect combines several steps and creates a simple and very fast method of applying a consistent film look across many shots.  I use this plug in in FCP7 everyday.  I have customized it to my tastes and then apply across multiple shots in my sequence.

I'm new to Premiere (being forced there by Apple's self-destruction of FC) but I can't figure a simple fast method of creating a 3:2 film look using 29.97 source footage and ending up in a 29.97 output.  What you suggested would require many steps between the color correction and then exporting and file conversion.  Just not an acceptable solution.

In a deadline driven environment your answer came off like a brush off.  Kinda like Apple's why would anyone need to match frame?

• 3. Re: Is there anything like Nattress Film Effects for Premiere?
            BVX3001 Level 1

Have you checked out the Red Giant line yet?  They're not in the same price range as Nattress, but Magic Bullet Frames would be worth checking out by itself or as part of the Magic Bullet Suite.

• 4. Re: Is there anything like Nattress Film Effects for Premiere?
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              I can't figure a simple fast method of creating a 3:2 film look using 29.97 source footage and ending up in a 29.97 output.

It ain't 'simple', nor is it fast.  But the quality results surpass anything else out there (including MB Frames).  Plus, it's all free!

http://www.dv2film.com/

If you export out using an MPEG2-DVD or DV preset, the 3:2 pulldown will be added.  (Though it is often preferable to leave the output at it's native 24.)