5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 8:39 AM by ~graffiti

New Font wont show in Adobe reader.

Razgreeez

My company is re-branding itself and part of that re-branding is having the new name in a new custom Font. But when we print our external reports to send to customers the new Font does not show. I tried adding the Font to the adobe reader Font folder but still nothing? I wish Adobe Reader would just get it's Fonts from C:Windows\Fonts\. What do I need to do?

Donnelly James

• 1. Re: New Font wont show in Adobe reader.
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since you cannot create PDF's with Adobe Reader, what application is being used to create them?

If it is Adobe Acrobat, have you checked to be sure that the font is being embedded in the document?

In Reader, open the file and go to File>Document Properties>Fonts. What does it say there?

• 2. Re: New Font wont show in Adobe reader.
            Razgreeez Level 1

The reports are being built in program called Digital Metaphors Report Builder. We can print to a printer, text file, PDF etc. When I preview the report and print it out at a printer the font is there but not in PDF. I don't have Adobe Acrobat installed.

I looked in the File/Properties/Font and the new Font isn't listed. Arial, Tahoma and Times New Roman.

How do I embed the Fonts?

• 3. Re: New Font wont show in Adobe reader.
              Razgreeez Level 1

A strange thing just happened. I had the new Font installed in C:\Windows\Fonts\ but after deleting it from that folder the font now shows up in the PDF. If you can explain that please do.

• 4. Re: New Font wont show in Adobe reader.
                Razgreeez Level 1

But now the fonts wont show in the printed reports. They do show in the PDF however, so its one or the other right now.

• 5. Re: New Font wont show in Adobe reader.
                  ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sounds like you need to talk to the folks that build the application that you use to create the PDF's.

No one here will be able to tell you how to embed fonts in that application unless you get lucky and run in to someone else that uses it. Their support would be your best bet.

Razgreeez wrote:

The reports are being built in program called Digital Metaphors Report Builder. We can print to a printer, text file, PDF etc. When I preview the report and print it out at a printer the font is there but not in PDF. I don't have Adobe Acrobat installed.

I looked in the File/Properties/Font and the new Font isn't listed. Arial, Tahoma and Times New Roman.

How do I embed the Fonts?