3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 1:55 PM by WebAppEngineer

Accessing the ControlBar Scrubber

WebAppEngineer

I am using the OSMFPlayer which utilizes the ChromeLibrary for the ControlBar. I need to be able to attach a listener to the slider i.e. Scrubber within the ControlBar for a mouse-up event. Upon receiving this event I need to be able to get the max value of the slider and the current value of the slider. Seems simple enough but I’m having trouble figuring it out.

• 1. Re: Accessing the ControlBar Scrubber
          Edwin van Rijkom Level 2

The scrubber is an internal asset to the scrub bar, so no listeners can be added to it in a clean way.

If the goal is to have a listener triggered when the user seeks though, then that can be done by getting the SeekTrait object from the current media element, and listening for a SeekEvent.SEEKING_CHANGE event being dispatched by it. The time property on the event holds the target seek time, and using the element's TimeTrait, its total duration can be queried for.

• 2. Re: Accessing the ControlBar Scrubber
            WebAppEngineer Level 1

Thank you for the help.

I am attempting to add a listener as you suggested but I am getting a null object refence error on the bolded line.

mediaElement = createMediaElement(url);

if (mediaElement)
                        {
                            var seekTrait:SeekTrait = mediaElement.getTrait(MediaTraitType.SEEK) as SeekTrait;
                            seekTrait.addEventListener(SeekEvent.SEEKING_CHANGE, onSeekChange);
                        }

What am I doing incorrectly here?

• 3. Re: Accessing the ControlBar Scrubber
              WebAppEngineer Level 1

I got it. You have to use this.

mediaElement.addEventListener(MediaElementEvent.TRAIT_ADD, onTraitAdd);

To wait till the trait is avalible.