0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 9:59 AM by MACRStockHolder

CFC Explorer Error (xml return type)

MACRStockHolder Level 1

I am having an issue with the self documentation that ColdFusion displays in the CFC Explorer.

Below is the simplest code that will reproduce the issue on my server.

<cfcomponent displayname="Test Component" output="no">
        <cffunction name="echoFunction" access="remote" returntype="xml">
          <cfargument name="echoArgument" type="string" required="yes">
          <cfset xmlToReturn = XMLNew()>
          <cfset xmlToReturn.xmlRoot = XMLElemNew(xmlToReturn, "TestXML")/>
          <cfset xmlToReturn.xmlRoot.xmlText = echoArgument />
          <cfreturn myResult>

When I hit this in a browser with no parameters I am promted for my CFAdmin password and I am prested with a page that looks like this.

Aviary localhost Picture 1.png

At this point evertying looks correct.  The error happens when I click on the "xml" link that indicates the return value for the echoFunction().

This link brings up a page with the following text.

Component not found

The component definition file for component 'MoMo.xml' cannot be  found on this server.

It appears that it is looking for a MoMo\xml.cfc file.  I can confirm that by creating that file with the following code.

<cfcomponent displayname="XML.cfc" output="no">

Now when I click on the xml link in the CFC Explorer I get a page that looks like this.

Aviary localhost Picture 2.png

So it appears that CFC's don't know how to document themselves when the returntype of a function is set to "XML".  It is treating the returntype of XML as an cfc object named XML.  Or am I missing someting that allows me to define what the XML is supposed to be?  IMHO this should not be a link at all OR there should be a way of pointing it to the XSD file for the XML that funciton returns.