1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 4:29 PM by the_wine_snob

extend frame with background audio

surfengine

I have a main video/audio clip and several other video tracks that overlay at different points.

The problem i have is that the timing of the main track is often too quick, not allowing the overlay enough time to display on screen.

1 method to solve this would be to stop the main track while the overlay displays (this is an exceptable method for my purpose).

I dont however want to display a black background or anything other than track1.

I was able to make a break or split, in track 1, but I couldnt figure out how to just copy a portion of the split track over and over again.

I guess my basic question, is how do I copy and paste...

Also, if someone knows a better way to achieve the same results I would appriciate it.  Such as simply pause the video frame but duplicate the audio track for 10s or so.

thanks.

• 1. Re: extend frame with background audio
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If I understand completely, what you want to do is create a Freeze Frame, from the last Frame of each Video Clip and then place that into the "gap," while the Audio completes. The Camera icon will do a Frame Capture when that Clip is Selected and the CTI (Current Time Indicator w/ red Edit Line) is placed over the last Frame. You then just drag that still image from the Project Panel and place it in the gap, extending it for whatever Duration you need.

As an alternative, see this ARTICLE on L & J Cuts.

Good luck,

Hunt