8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2010 5:27 PM by medeamajic

No audio when sent to Encore

medeamajic Level 2

Why do I not have audio when I use Dynamic Link from Premiere to Encore?

• 1. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
          Harm Millaard Level 7

That is strange, I have never experienced that with DL. Maybe trying to DL with a 5.1 master track or audio muted?

• 2. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
            medeamajic Level 2

It is stereo DV footage.

• 3. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
              the_wine_snob Level 9

In PrPro, is your Audio Track Enabled? (Rt-click on the Audio Track Header)

Is it activated? (Look in the Audio Track Header)

As Harm asks, any Muting in Audio Mixer?

Have you adjusted the Clip's Gain?

Have you added Track Keyframes in Audio Mixer? (Check w/ Track Keyframes ON in Audio Track Header)

Do you have MP3's, or PCM/WAV Audio Assets?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
                medeamajic Level 2

The settings are all correct. I think I know what the problem is and it sucks big time.

My friend has the footage on DVD. It took the .VOB and renamed them to .mpeg files. They would come into the timeline but only play about one minute of audio. The wave forms even dissaper aftert that. I then importd the DVD from a DV converter through Fire Wire and re edit things. The audio is atleast in then Premiere timeline unlike when I used the MPEG/VOB files. I think the VOB files must have some sort of Macrovision protection. Even with the DV footage being used in the same project it does not export to Encore with Audio. All my other orjects work just fine. Even though I deleted the VOB/mpeg files and only have the DV files in the timeline the project is still corrupt. 

This sucks big time.

• 5. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, VOB's can be problematic and on a couple of levels. If they are 100% DVD-Compliant (VERY Important), then CS4.2 can Import them just fine, with few issues. This ARTICLE will give you some background on VOB's, and what they can contain.

Next, there are often issues with muxed (Multiplexed) MPEG files. Getting that MPEG Audio out is one of them.

You've got the Video, and it's performing fine. Right?

I'd try using an audio-editing program like Audition, Soundbooth, or the free program, Audacity, to rip the Audio. Save_As a PCM/WAV file, Import that into PrPro and then place it on the Timeline in another Audio Track. Initially, just turn OFF the AV file's Audio Track, but when done, you might want to Alt-click on it and Delete to clean the Timeline up a bit.

You might have some OOS problems, but this ARTICLE can give you tips on correcting that.

All might not be lost, but the workflow might have to be altered a bit.

Now, if there is MacroVision Copy Protection on this DVD, then all bets are off, and you are on your own. Is this a commercial DVD?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
                    medeamajic Level 2

Thanks for the comments folks.

It is not a comercial DVD. It is a fraternity meeting that I had to edit from a DVD souce. There is no audio in Encore but Encore did burn the DVD with audio. I know it must sound wierd but the DVD has audio even though Encore did not. Maybe the project is corrupt but the DVD is not. I guess I lucked out since the client will be picking it up sunday.

• 7. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Hm-m-m, sounds like an Audio preview problem in Encore. Look in Edit>Preferences>Audio/Video Out, and Audio Output Devices. Likely, you have an incorrect setting there.

Can you post a screen-cap of your selections in the ASIO Direct Sound panel?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: No audio when sent to Encore
                        medeamajic Level 2

No, the audio is set right. I stated in another post my other porjects played the audio OK and all the settings are the same. I think my project just got corrupted some how.