5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2010 8:01 AM by bregent

Form Redirect

rchsmike1

Im creating a simple form.  Is there a way to redirect the viewer to another page after they hit the submit button?  If not, is there at least a way to prevent them from hitting the submit button a second time?

• 1. Re: Form Redirect
          bregent Most Valuable Participant

After the visitor clicks the submit button, there are redirected to the page that is specified in the action attribute.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Form Redirect
            rchsmike1 Level 1

Thank you, that works, but now I have another problem...before, my action attribute was: mailto:emailaddress , so how do I accss the information?  I want the form to allow people to sign up onto my e-mail list.

• 3. Re: Form Redirect

>my action attribute was: mailto:emailaddress ,

>so how do I accss the information?

Your form's action attribute should point to a page with a server side script that processes the form; sends it to an email address, inserts into database, etc. Yould never use a mailto with a form and it is completely unreliable.

• 4. Re: Form Redirect
                Mike_Watt

Who is your webhosting company... 95% of them have simple remade scripts that will send your mail using PHPmail.  Who do you use - GoDaddy? Someone else? Once we know who you use finding out where to point your form to should be easy.

• 5. Re: Form Redirect

>Yould never use a mailto with a form and it is completely unreliable.

Let me try that again

You should never use a mailto with a form as it is completely unreliable