1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2010 11:20 AM by Ian C. Matthew

Can Pagemaker 7.0.1 co-exist peacefully with Indesign cs4 on same hard drive?

P*e*t*e*r Level 1

I have pm701 running just nicely here, using win xp. I am now ready to install idcs4, but pm701 must continue to perform properly for many months yet. (my logic being that the time will come one day when pm701 will not function properly anymore.. i.e. newer operating system... trying to be pro-active here, without shooting myself either)  Is there any issue/ conflict to anticipate? please and thanks

• 1. Re: Can Pagemaker 7.0.1 co-exist peacefully with Indesign cs4 on same hard drive?
          Ian C. Matthew Level 2

As you're using Win XP rather than Vista or 7 then, unless I'm mistaken, PM7 should coexist quite happily with InDesign CS4 as with any other prog as it is installed in its own unique folder.

Bear in mind that PM files can be opened by InDesign. The results are usually usable with either major or minor work needed depending on issues such as missing fonts, text formating, missing links and so on. As InDesign can do everything PM can do and more, you may just find yourself needing PM less and less!

Ian