3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2010 9:18 AM by kglad

text animation question

phendyr1

Hi all,

I'm using Flash CS3, actionscript 2 to build a site in which I would like to have a line of text animation to slide off the screen, but I'm looking for something similar to almost a 'sideways explosion'.... it will be synched to the sound of a golf club swing, and I'm look for some way to get that instant explosion, with the letters plowing through each other and away as they fade off the page....

Does anyone know of some sort of example that may prove useful in my search to learn how to accomplish this?

I appreciate your time and effort to help.

• 1. Re: text animation question
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

use google to search for:  flash as2 text effects tutorial

• 2. Re: text animation question
            phendyr1 Level 1

well I have been searching a great deal, but haven't found anything similar to what I'm tryi

ng to accomplish... I guess I could describe it as a 'bowling pin' effect, where the letters would collide into each other as they swept

off the page.  I've tried searching for text explosions, text slider effects, etc.. but I keep coming up with nada.

Thanks for the help tho

• 3. Re: text animation question
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

your text effect is similar to many others.  if you can't find exactly what you want and you don't see how to create your effect by checking other tutorials, you can send me an email via my website (www.kglad.com), if you want to hire me to create the effect for you.