2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2010 2:25 PM by soom1976

Nested sequence duration changed problem

soom1976 Level 1

Premiere Pro 4.0.1

I'll try to explain it as clear as possible:

I have nested a sequence on a time line. Then I entered the nested sequence and edited it. It happened, that the duration of that nested sequence has changed - it became longer. Now I go back to the main Sequence time line and I want to extend the nested sequence so it matches the changed duration, but NO – it won't let me do it! I've tried to drag the same nested sequence from the project window – still same old (shorter) duration.

What is wrong? Is that a bug? Is that a feature? Do I have to do it some weird way?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Nested sequence duration changed problem
          Harm Millaard Level 7

First update to 4.2.1

Then edit in the original sequences only. Changes will be reflected in the nested ones.

• 2. Re: Nested sequence duration changed problem
            soom1976 Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

First update to 4.2.1

Then edit in the original sequences only. Changes will be reflected in the nested ones.

Updated to 4.2.1

Nothing changed

It still remembers the duration of the sequence at the moment, when it was nested. If I edit the nested sequence and prolong it's duration, I cannot extend this sequence on the main time-line. I still can shorten it, but not to extend it. If I want to make the nested sequence longer, what I do is nest everything inside it again, then copy paste it to the original time-line – this is a bit awkward...