7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2007 10:50 AM by markoftheweb

Application scrollbar?

bmzero
      I need my entire application to scroll vertically when a certain minimum height is surpassed. My initial thoughts on this was to set a minHeight value for the application, but that seems to have no effect other than stopping the vertical rescaling. Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?

I have also tried setting a minHeight on my main panel within the application, but that still has no affect.

thanks,
      .brit
        • 1. Re: Browser window scrollbar?
          levancho Level 3
          my thoughts are :
          if you want to force browser to scroll, you have to do modifications in html file that wraps swf file (probaly using css+ javascript) since surpassed is value within flex app you also need bridge between flex and wrapper so flex can call it .
          • 2. Re: Browser window scrollbar?
            bmzero Level 1
            That seems incredibly complicated for the task at hand. Ok, let me rephrase my question and maybe there's an easier solution.

The content of one of my application states exceeds the viewable window area on *smaller* window resolutions (i.e. 1024x768). I would like the application (or browser window) to be vertically "scrollable". Personally, I don't really care if the application scrolls or the html page scrolls. It doesn't really make any difference to me, but as it stands now, I'm loosing the bottom third of my content on smaller resolutions and there is no scrollbar to be found.

thanks,
            .brit
            • 3. Re: Browser window scrollbar?
              levancho Level 3
              have you tried just adding horizontalScrollPolicy="auto" to <mx:Application tag as attribute :

<mx:Application horizontalScrollPolicy="auto" ...

• 4. Browser window scrollbar?
                bmzero Level 1
                Yes. That was one of the first things that I thought should have worked. I can even set it to "on" and still a scrollbar does not appear. The "track" for the scrollbar appears, but there is nothing to grab as a handle to scroll.

.brit
                • 5. Re: Browser window scrollbar?
                  bmzero Level 1
                  quote:

Originally posted by: levancho
                  have you tried just adding horizontalScrollPolicy="auto" to <mx:Application tag as attribute :

<mx:Application horizontalScrollPolicy="auto" ...

Vertical scrolling is what I'm after, not horizontal. VerticalScrollPolicy = "on" still does not create the scrollbar.

thanks,
                  .brit

• 6. Re: Application scrollbar?
                    calboy
                    I was having the same problem. I tried making the application height and width 99.99 percent and that worked for some reason then I set it to width ="100%" and height =100% and that work too. I hope this works
                    • 7. Re: Application scrollbar?
                      Having a mx:Canvas as the first container should handle the scroll bar issue. I think the Application want to be 100% of the space allocated by the flash renderer.