1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2007 1:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Validators: Dreamweaver | BBEdit | w3.org

babong Level 1
      I have noticed that there appears to be differences in feedback that Dreamweaver CS3, BBEdit and w3.org offer when reporting validation errors. For example, I failed to close a </div> and Dreamweaver didn't seem to find, but BBEdit and w3.org did. As a result I am less confident in using Dreamweaver's validate feature. Might this just be an illusion due to differing methodologies or a possible bug?

Also, if I use Dreamweaver on a PC and don't have Internet access, is there an alternative to BBEdit that would allow me to validate code as a backup to the Dreamweaver validate feature?
        • 1. Re: Validators: Dreamweaver | BBEdit | w3.org
          Level 7
          On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:05:07 +0000 (UTC), "babong"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>I have noticed that there appears to be differences in feedback that
          >Dreamweaver CS3, BBEdit and w3.org offer when reporting validation errors. For
          >example, I failed to close a </div> and Dreamweaver didn't seem to find, but
          >BBEdit and w3.org did. As a result I am less confident in using Dreamweaver's
          >validate feature. Might this just be an illusion due to differing
          >methodologies or a possible bug?
          >
          > Also, if I use Dreamweaver on a PC and don't have Internet access, is there an
          >alternative to BBEdit that would allow me to validate code as a backup to the
          >Dreamweaver validate feature?

Maybe Watchfire, maybe HTMLTidy. I'm not sure.