1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2010 7:12 PM by DigitalArchitectCanada

Exporting SWF diminishes quality of movie clip

khcom2

Im working on a Dragonball Z MMO. things are goin great so far utilizing Flash PHP and MySQL. but thats not the issue right now.

Im running tests of the battle system. i have the enemy set up as Mr. Popo (character from the series) The quality of the sprite appears great and in good color.

however, when i compile everything into the final .swf, the movie clip appears diminished, discolored, and just really crappy looking.

popo.PNG good pre-compiled version

popo2.PNG crappy looking .swf running version >:(

it only happens to this movie clip in particular, any insite would be grossly appricated.

• 1. Re: Exporting SWF diminishes quality of movie clip
          DigitalArchitectCanada Level 3

Check your export settings go to FIle -> publish settings. Check the slider for image compression/image quality. Should be at 80% by default. Also right click on that image (for that character) in the library and click properties. There should be 2 radio buttons where you can set the quality of the image. If you enter a value and press test, it will show you a preview in that window of what the image looks like at that quality. Let me know if this fixes ur problem.

Jesse