2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 8:59 AM by Felix af Ekenstam

Update application that was build on 1.5.2 Air config with 1.5.3

neo_techno

I have an air application that was installed and had a configuration

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5.2">

Now I have a small update for it and I changed the the application xml to 1.5.3

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5.3">

I can't update it because it says the installed is misconfigured

"This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance."

How to solve it ? I want to run it on 1.5.3 because I think it will solve my problems with crashing application.

• 1. Re: Update application that was build on 1.5.2 Air config with 1.5.3
          tzeng Adobe Employee

Assume you still use the same certificate, you will need to set the <publisherID> tag in your app. descriptor.

You need to find out the publisher ID for your current application. You can do this by using API, or open the folder META-INF/AIR folder and find the publisherid file.

If you change your certificate, you will need to use ADT's migrate feature also.

-ted

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Update application that was build on 1.5.2 Air config with 1.5.3
            Felix af Ekenstam Level 1

I have a similar issue.

I am doing an update of an application made in AIR 1.x something. Now I am making it in AIR 2.

I don't have the old certificate and whenever I try to install it I get that error "This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance."

If I change the app ID however it the install works fine. But I really ned to keep the same app ID:

How do I do?

Where do I find ADT's migrate feature?