4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2010 12:27 PM by John Waller

Interesting code when chosing a template

thersher Level 1

Recently, when selecting a blank template for a new site, I've been getting an error message, and then I noticed a strange line of code. The error message shows up as soon as I've selected the template and clicked ok. It reads "You have added or changed the code outside the <html> tag. This change will not be copied to documents based on the template unless you insert this tag in the <head> section of your template: <!-- TemplateInfo codeOutsideHTMLLocked="tru" -->"

Keep in mind this error message shows up before I've even been able to look at the page, much less insert any code into it.

The line of code that is showing up is "<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%>". This is appearing as the very 1st line of code above the DOCTYPE statement, and I'm guessing this is what DW is saying is outside the html tag, right?

Also, when I go to save the page as a template, it creates a .dwt.asp file extension, instead of the normal .dwt extension. I've been battling this and trying to figure it out for quite some time now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've been taking the line of code out, and renaming the template file to just .dwt, as it should be, and have not noticed any detrimental effects.