4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2010 12:06 PM by the_wine_snob

"Assembly Error. Out Of Memory"

RickP33 Level 1

I am burning a 5 Disc set for someone, and when I burn disc 3, I get this message during the burning process: "Assembly Error. Out of Memory". Then a little while later the program turns off on its own.

This is only happening when I burn the 3rd disc. When I burn discs 4 and 5 it works just fine, and they are all approximately the same size...

Any idea what can be causing this? Thanks!

• 1. Re: "Assembly Error. Out Of Memory"
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Editing and authoring require a lot of resources. The amount of these can depend on a Project, or on the Assets in that Project.

I find the tips in this ARTICLE very useful, when setting up for an editing, or authoring session. Then, one is getting the most out of their system.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: "Assembly Error. Out Of Memory"
            the_wine_snob Level 9

While those tips might prove useful and should get the most out of your computer, you might want to give us the complete details of your Project and your Assets. Try to contrast how Disc 3 differs from the rest. Is its Duration much longer, Audio sources different, Video sources different - things like that?

The more detail that you can provide, regarding both your Project/Sequence Presets and your Assets, the better.

Next, full specs. of your system would be very helpful. Pay special attention to your I/O sub-system, i.e. your HDD's, the number, their speed, their size, the free-space on each, how they are controlled and how they are allocated.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: "Assembly Error. Out Of Memory"
              RickP33 Level 1

There are 2 things that Disc 3 differs with from the other discs as far as content. This disc contains .WMA audio files, and the other do not, and also this disc has many .JPG files. This is a wedding video package I am making, and I have made dozens in the past that contained WMA and JPG files, and they went smoothly. I have attempted to burn this disc on a couple different computers, and I come across the same problem, so I do not think it is an issue with any of my settings, especially if I have been able to burn the other 4 discs just fine, and the only difference with this one is the WMA and JPG files.

I have had other random problem with Premiere Pro in the past, and I am always told to check all of my settings, check my codecs, etc. Many times I do not know how to locate some certain settings, then people will post links to download programs that will detect the settings for me, then I wind up with a virus, and I end up with more problems that I had originally started with.

I'm guessing if no one knows the common cause of this message "Assembly Error. Out of Memory" When I am exporting to DVD, then I will probably not come across the solution.

But I appreciate any effort put into this. Thanks

• 4. Re: "Assembly Error. Out Of Memory"
                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, let's look at both the Audio and the still images.

For the JPEG's, what are the dimensions (pixel x pixel) of these? Large stills can cause a myriad problems and if much larger than the Frame Size of the Project, will suffer a quality loss. Bigger is NOT better here.

This ARTICLE will give you some background and an automated way to prepare them for use in PrPro.

For the WMA, are these perhaps multi-channel files, like 5.1 SS Audio?

First, I would look at doing a Render/Replace with these, and test. This will convert them to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit Audio. If that does not allow you to build your DVD, then I would use Audition, or Soundbooth (or even the free audio-editing program, Audacity) to convert to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit. Depending on which version of PrPro you have, you should have Edit in Soundbooth, or Edit in Audition, when you Rt-click on one of the WMA files. That would be my first choice. Test.

Good luck,

Hunt