I think it's caching problem. Search for "clear cache" command/shortcut in google for your specific browser.
There are a couple things you can check:
- Clear your browser cache Chrome and Firefox do this differently and it depends on which version you are running.
- Make sure "Build Automatically" is on (Under "Project") or force a build in the same place. Note: you cannot select "build project" if automatically builds is selected.
- Force a rebuild after "cleaning" your projects (Under "Project" > "Clean...")
- Check your run configurations (Under "Run" > "Run Configurations..." or "Debug Configurations...") make sure the URL being launched is ok.
- Check your default browser (Under "Window" > "Preferences" > "General" > "Web Browser")
- If you're keeping your browser open, make sure you refresh after the build completes.
I hope this helps!
J. Phillip Camp
I tried all these at one point or another. The problem is even more weird. I even tried to delete the swf and the html and rebuilt it from scratch and it kept loading the previous version.
The only thing I didnt try was cleaning the cache.
So, where we are now.
all three browsers loaded the correct version.
but, I tried inserting a simple alert.show function in a place where it will surely be called. and its not working on any of the browsers. :S
update : cleaning the cache on firefox worked.
Also, strangely, it seems that Chrome is working if some time passes. :S
restart the whole browser.
ctrl+shift+del in Chrome to quickly clear cache. Additionally if this problem annoys you, you can completely turn off caching in your browsers.
so its a cache related problem, thanks to all for your help.