0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2010 10:18 PM by gppgraham

Using Adobe Viewer in C# .NET Application

gppgraham

We are building a C# .NET Windows .EXE application. One of the features we require is for this application to display PDF files in a popup window.

I have imported references to our VS 2008 project for AcroPDFLib and added an AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcrosPDF component to a form.

The following code successfully displays a PDF file:

axAcroPDF.Visible =

true;

if(axAcroPDF.LoadFile(spFileName)) {

MessageBox.Show("Error: PDF Viewer failed to load file '" + spFileName + "' !", "Content Access System", MessageBoxButtons.OK,

MessageBoxIcon.Error);

}

else {

if(spNamedDest != "") axAcroPDF.setNamedDest(spNamedDest);

}

For some reason, the named destination seems to work the first time it is called, but never works again after that - the PDF always scrolls to the destination on the first call.

What we need to be able to do is to load a PDF file and scroll it to a known bookmark location or named destination - I am aware that the two are different things but I am not clear on that difference.

Can anyone please suggest how I can reliably scroll to a bookmark and if indeed, AcroPDFLib is the right component for the job ? If it is the right component, we don't seem to be seeing any methods on the object to manipulate it.

Thankyou

Graham Plowman