Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

what is the difference between readResourceContent and ReadDocument services..

Level 7

what is the difference between readResourceContent and ReadDocument services..

Why if i create file or folder from Write document\ Create Directory, then It is not visible from work bench...

if i create file using WriteDocument.. it shows created path

/apps/ki01/af-was61-pp01/AppServer/profiles/af-node61-pp

01-01/uploadfiles/Test.pdf

what is that... tell me differences...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

ReadResourceContent is used to read documents from the LiveCycle repository (the LiveCycle database).  ReadDocument is for reading binary files from the server's file system (hard drive).

If you create a file with Write document\ Create Directory it goes on the servers file system - its hard drive - and not in the LiveCycle repository (the database).  In fact the repository may be housed on a different server (in the case of a remote database).  If you write a file to "/apps/ki01/af-was61-pp01/AppServer/profiles/af-node61-pp01-01/uploadfiles/Test.pdf"  then check the server's hard drive then you will see the files are there. If its a Windows box check the C: drive for that file.

file system (hard drive) != repository (database)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

ReadResourceContent is used to read documents from the LiveCycle repository (the LiveCycle database).  ReadDocument is for reading binary files from the server's file system (hard drive).

If you create a file with Write document\ Create Directory it goes on the servers file system - its hard drive - and not in the LiveCycle repository (the database).  In fact the repository may be housed on a different server (in the case of a remote database).  If you write a file to "/apps/ki01/af-was61-pp01/AppServer/profiles/af-node61-pp01-01/uploadfiles/Test.pdf"  then check the server's hard drive then you will see the files are there. If its a Windows box check the C: drive for that file.

file system (hard drive) != repository (database)

Level 7

Thank you so much Hodmi,...

thanks alot...