3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 3:05 PM by Linda Nicholls

Chance of using Photoshop Brushes?

ribery75

Hi folks,

is there a chance or workaround using the great amount of fantastic Photoshop brushes in Fireworks CS4?

Kind regards from Germany

• 1. Re: Chance of using Photoshop Brushes?
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

A workaround might be to export the images, one at a time, and create a new common library folder with them. The steps are as follows:

1-Open a new Document

2-Open the Common Library panel menu and choose New Folder.

3-Give the folder a name

3-Add a brush image to the document.

4-Export the document to your new folder. On my machine that's located at C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS5\Common Library\My New Folder .

5-Repeat for each image you want to add to your folder

To use them, drag and drop them from the new folder in the Common Library panel

• 2. Re: Chance of using Photoshop Brushes?
            ribery75 Level 1

Hi Linda,

thank you very mch for your answer!

But I think I didn't get ya;-( What do you mean with "Add a brush image"? All the Photoshop Brushes I know are in the .abr-format which I only can open with Photoshop.

By the way: Today I got the info that Fireworks CS5 (it seems that you'r one of the lucky Beta-testes if I look at your Folder-link:-) can handle Photoshop brushes!

Kind regards

Thomas

• 3. Re: Chance of using Photoshop Brushes?
              Linda Nicholls Level 4

"But  I think I didn't get ya;-( What do you mean with "Add a brush image"?  All the Photoshop Brushes I know are in the .abr-format which I only can  open with Photoshop."

I meant drop an image from a brush in Photoshop, and then export it. Follow the rest of the instructions from above. That was meant to discourage you, by the way. I hate Photoshop brushes. :-)

"By the way: Today I got the info that Fireworks  CS5 (it seems that you'r one of the lucky Beta-testes if I look at your  Folder-link:-) can handle Photoshop brushes!"

I can't say. :-)

Linda

----------