• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Exchange 2007

Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!
I'm trying to get my calendar from Exchange 2007.
First i tried to get my emails, to test if the Exchange is configured well.

<cfexchangeconnection
action="open"
username ="myname"
password="pass"
server="mailer.mycompany.com"
connection="testconn1"
protocol="https">

<cfexchangemail action="get" folder="Posteingang" name="weeksMail" connection="testconn1">
</cfexchangemail>

<cfdump var="#weeksMail#">
<cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="testconn1">

This works fine. I get all my emails.

But if i try this:

<cfexchangeconnection
action="open"
username ="myname"
password="pass"
server="mailer.mycompany.com"
connection="testconn1"
protocol="https">

<cfexchangecalendar action="get"
name = "theUID"
connection = "testconn1">
<cfdump var="theUID">

I get an Error:
Requested Exchange resource was not found on the server.

Now the main question is to find out if coldfusion is the issue or the exchange is misconfigured?
Sorry for the poor english ;)

Using ColdFusion 8 with Apache on a Windows 2003 Standard.
Exchange 2007 runs on a different machine, also with Windows 2003 Standard.
On the Exchange machine, the Exchange runs in a different server as IIS (Virtual Server).
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Calendar events retrieval does work fine on Exchange 2007. Can you try creating a calendar event with a particular subject say 'test cfexchangeCalendar tag' and then try retrieving it using cfexchangeCalendar as in:

<cfexchangecalendar action="get" name = "theUID" connection = "testconn1">
<cfexchangeFilter name="subject" value="cfexchangeCalendar">
</cfexchangeCalendar>
<cfdump var="#theUID#">

If this retrieves the newly created event, then it might be a data issue with some events for that account. Could you check this and then let me know what you observe?

Thanks & Regards,
Dips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
i created an entry in outlook, called "Test CF". Then i checked in the Outlook Web Access, that the calendar is synchronized.
Then i used that code attached and got htis Error:
Requested Exchange resource was not found on the server.

The error occurred in D:\IntranetServer\apache\htdocs\cronjobs\exchangecal.cfm: line 10

8 :
9 : <cfexchangecalendar action="get" name = "theUID" connection = "testconn1">
10 : <cfexchangeFilter name="subject" value="Test CF">
11 : </cfexchangeCalendar>
12 : <cfdump var="#theUID#">

Also tried without filter, 'cause i have only one entry in my calendar, but got the same error.
I would use CF to enter events in the exchange calender, based on entries in our intranet calendar.
I can query my Mails with the same connection. Maybe the exchange is misconfigured?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now tried another example code and got this:
Exchange resource conflict error.
Possible reasons: - The client has provided a value, the semantics of which are not appropriate for the property , for example, trying to set a read-only property. - Cannot put a resource if all ancestors do not already exist.
The error occurred in D:\IntranetServer\apache\htdocs\cronjobs\exchangecal.cfm: line 47

45 : server="mailer.company.com"
46 : event="#sEvent#"
47 : result="theUID" protocol="https">
48 : <!--- Output the UID of the new event. --->
49 : <cfif isDefined("theUID")>

I guess the error occures in matter of formatting date / time values. I entered the date 2007-09-22 and time as 08:00
Is there a special rule how to format this values for exchange?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I tried reproducing the issue with both the code samples you provided, but they do work fine at my end.

Can you try creating a simple event directly in Outlook client/Outlook on Web and then try retrieving it using CF.

The 2nd piece of code where you have a form for entering calendar event details do work fine for me and calendar events get created and retrieved correctly.

So, could you check with your Exchange Admin as to whether there is any issue with calendar configuration on Exchange side? I remember initially I had some issues sending mail using <cfmail> tag on Exchange 2007. Anonymous SMTP connection permission was missing for which explicit permission was set by our exchange admin using exchange management shell command. I suggest you check once with Exchange admin whether this is a similar issue for calendar events.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation