5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2007 6:24 AM by Peter Grainge

Missing Images in Printed Doc

rkohler1
      I running Robohelp HTML 6 and I am trying to generate printed documentation in pdf format.
      For some reason it does not include all images. These are gif and jpg files.
      I can't figure out why it includes some images and not others.
        • 1. Re: Missing Images in Printed Doc
          mindchi
          I am also having a problem with images being added to printed documentation. I am not getting any of my images
          added.

Have you figured out anything on this yet?

Anyone else have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.

-- tbb
          • 2. Re: Missing Images in Printed Doc
            Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
            To both of you, take a look at the pages on my site about Printed Documentation and Print Issues. Maybe they will highlight what is going wrong.

• 3. Re: Missing Images in Printed Doc
              echopraxia
              quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
              To both of you, take a look at the pages on my site about Printed Documentation and Print Issues. Maybe they will highlight what is going wrong.

I'm having this same issue as well. I use the following formats: gif, png, jpg. There doesn't appear to be a rhyme or a reason for some images to show up and others to not. All images show up in the online help, and yet several (about 60%) do not show up in the printed documentation (PDF or Word). It's notable to mention that the Word output does have a placeholder the same size as the image, however it's not linked to the image when you view the properties.

This is highly frustrating and I'm under a deadline which is that much tighter now that I have to go in and re-add so many images manually.

Peter Grainge, your site is informative and looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I have bookmarked it for future reference, however, in this instance it was unable to provide resolution.

Suggestions?
              • 4. Re: Missing Images in Printed Doc
                rkohler1 Level 1
                I discovered that the images that were missing in the printed doc were surrounded by H3 tags instead of P tags. I replaced the H3 tags with P tags and now all the images show up in the printed doc.
                • 5. Re: Missing Images in Printed Doc
                  Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                  Interesting one. Thanks. I'll add it to the list of things to look for.