7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 9:32 PM by mad.one

Crash while burning to blue ray

mad.one

While burning a blue ray disc it's getting all the way through the media encodeing but then crashes and does not finish burning the disc. For the heck of it I put the disc in my blue ray player and it will not recocnize the disc.

Also when I burn a standard DVD it will get to 96% complete and then I get an error that says that the target device is not compatible, but when I put the disc in  a DVD player is plays just fine. Is there a problem here or should I just live with it?

• 1. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you tips on the information that will be very important to us, to help you.

Usually, most problems sort out to:

System

Assets

Project Preset

The more detail that you can furnish us, the quicker we can probably find a solution.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
            the_wine_snob Level 9

In the meantime, the tips in this ARTICLE might be useful for setting up your computer and getting it ready for an editing session.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since Encore has it, I will GUESS that PElements also has the Roxio burning module

But... does anyone know for sure if this Encore fix also works for PElements?

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/000070GN&PARAMS

And, Long File Names Cause Crashing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

• 4. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
                the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

I wish that I could answer your question. As both Encore and PrE's authoring module are based on the Sonic Authorcore, there are probably many similarities. The authoring in PrE is very similar to what was included in PrPro 2.0, and IT had the Sonic Authorcore. Back then, I have no idea if there was any Roxio component, but I highly doubt it, as Jeff Bellune (Mr. Encore) was not even aware of a Roxio component in Encore CS4, until you pointed it out to him.

Maybe someone, with "underhood knowledge" of PrE's authoring engine can confirm, or deny.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Ok... to the OP... make an image of your hard drive to USB hard drive or a series of DVD http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm in case you need to restore

Then see if the Roxio update will install on your computer and fix the problem

If yes... report back so we will all know that this Roxio update also works for PElements

• 6. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
                    mad.one Level 1

For the moment here's some more information that may help. I had a real computer guru work on this computer, it's better then it was but I really feel that it just is not up to the task for video editing.

Hewlett-Packard Company  

model; a6330f

processor; AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz

memory (RAM); 3.00 GB

system type 32-bit Operation System

And a great big sticker on the side from Hewlett Packard that says "The perfect computer to edit you pictures, video and music". Yeah right...  From the start I could not get this computer to edit any video (it came with Microsoft Movie Maker), it would lock up every one or two clicks of the mouse. That's why bought the Adobe Premiere Elements 8 program, but it locked up too. At least now that my friend worked on it I can do some editing before it locks up, and now I can burn a standard DVD (it wouldn't do that before either, the verdict? HP installed pile of junk for a DVD drive so I updated it to Blue ray since I had to replace it). Now it will barely burn a DVD (see what I said about it above) and I don't have a prayer of getting a blue ray disk to burn. I tried it again today, it encodes all of the menues just fine and most of the media too. Right at the end the program just crashes and askes me to send in a crash report. Very frustrateing.

I really think that the biggest problem is that this computer just does not have enough processor, but I'm not very good with computers so I really don't know.

I need to read your article...

• 7. Re: Crash while burning to blue ray
                      mad.one Level 1

John thanks for the suggestion. I've already spent hundreds on this computer trying to fix this thing. They want $30 for that update, I'm at a point right now where I'd rather buy a new custom/purpose built computer then sink one more penny into this one. So I'm not going to try that update but thank you for your time it is appreciated.