0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 1:32 AM by didci

Connect FLEX with Coldfusion component

didci

Hello

I have a big problem finding out all the step i need to do so to connect flex with coldfusion component.

In theory i know how, because i read much it, but in the end it doesn't get/send the data from/to the cfc (coldfusion component).

I am using Flex Builder 3, Coldfusion 8, Actionscript 2.

Can anyone please show me all the steps.

I think i have to use something like this to connect with the cfc:

<mx:RemoteObject id="usersCFC"  endpoint="http://127.0.0.1/flashservices/gateway
           source="myappdir.components.mycfc"   showBusyCursor="true">

<mx:method name="getAllUsers" 
                result="userResultHandler(event.result) 
                fault="userFaultHandler(event.fault)"/>

</mx:RemoteObject>

But it doesn't work.

Up till now, i was making this connection in the cfm file so to call some coldfusion function in this way:

public function SetName():Void{
                                  <cfoutput>
                                  //create connection
                                  var connection:mx.remoting.Connection = mx.remoting.NetServices.createGatewayConnection("http://#cgi.HTTP_HOST#/flashservices/gateway/");
                                  //declare service
                                  var myService:mx.remoting.NetServiceProxy;
                                  </cfoutput>

//make an object that will handle the response
                                  var responseHandler = {};

//put the controls in scope to avoid calling _root
                                  var AlarmNameSelect = AlarmNameSelect;

//function that receives the response
                                  responseHandler.onResult = function( results: Object ):Void {
                                      //when results are back, we show the text received

AlarmNameSelect.dataProvider = results;

mx.managers.CursorManager.removeBusyCursor();          
                                  }

//function that receives any error that may have occurred during the call
                                  responseHandler.onStatus  = function( stat: Object ):Void {
                                      //if there is any error, show an alert
                                      alert("Error while calling cfc:" + stat.description);
                                      mx.managers.CursorManager.removeBusyCursor();
                                  }

//get service. First parameter is path to component and
                                  //the second it's the object that will handle the response
                                  myService = connection.getService("components.alarm_createComponent", responseHandler );
                                  mx.managers.CursorManager.setBusyCursor();
                                  //make call

myService.SetName(MainTypeSelect.value,<cfoutput>#session.paypart#</cfoutput>);

//SetName is the name of the function in the coldfusion component.

}

Should i set something somewhere on the server and what and where, please help me, i really need to start this working :/

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards!