1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 6:55 AM by pziecina

Lines around type and other type/text problems in Dreamweaver CS3

SM66

Dear Dreamweaver forum:

Good news/bad news,

First the good news…

My thanks to a forum member by the name of Mylenium. With Mylenium's advice I have improved my halo problem by including a black background when I save type in Illustrator CS3 as part of importing it into Dreamweaver CS3.

However, the bad news, is that I’m still having type and text problems.

Problem area 1

Now, in Dreamweaver, I’m getting lines appearing around the type.

I am dragging and dropping the .gif type file into a Dreamweaver Div Tag.

How do I get rid of the lines around the type so that they do not show up in the Safari browser?

(Please see below)

Problem area 2

I cannot drag and drop text from a Word .doc file into a Dreamweaver div tag.

I also cannot copy and paste Word .doc text into a div tag.

How do I include text on my webpage without having to manually type it in?

(Please see below)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

drag_and_drop_of_file.jpg

From within Dreamweaver CS3, how do I place text? Dragging and droppign the file does not work.

lines-around-type.jpg

This is screenshot of what I see so far when I use Safari to test what I have made so far in Dreamweaver CS3.

I get lines around type.........not usually a good thing.........How do I fix it?

type_with_black_background.jpg

The way I created the portfolio type in IllustratorCS3 using the File > Save for Web and Devices. I then imported the resulting .gif file so that it was within my root folder within the Files panel within Dreamweaver CS3.

Am I doing this right?