7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2007 5:52 AM by Newsgroup_User

Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag

Puzzle_Ice
      Hi,

not sure why the input text fields in design mode are of different appearances. That is, some input fields are in embedded light orange shade, while some input fields are just simple rectangle outline. I have checked the codes and property settings, and all the input text settings are the same except for the name. I have also tried deleted, copy, insert new form's input text at different location. The problem still persist. Pls kindly adv, tks.
        • 1. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
          Level 7
          On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:37:47 +0000 (UTC), "Puzzle Ice"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> not sure why the input text fields in design mode are of different
          >appearances. That is, some input fields are in embedded light orange shade,
          >while some input fields are just simple rectangle outline. I have checked the
          >codes and property settings, and all the input text settings are the same
          >except for the name. I have also tried deleted, copy, insert new form's input
          >text at different location. The problem still persist. Pls kindly adv, tks.

That's your Google toolbar indicating which fields can be auto-filled.
          • 2. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
            Level 7
            Gary White wrote:
            > On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:37:47 +0000 (UTC), "Puzzle Ice"
            > <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:
            >
            >> not sure why the input text fields in design mode are of different
            >> appearances. That is, some input fields are in embedded light orange
            >> shade, while some input fields are just simple rectangle outline. I
            >> have checked the codes and property settings, and all the input text
            >> settings are the same except for the name. I have also tried
            >> deleted, copy, insert new form's input text at different location.
            >> The problem still persist. Pls kindly adv, tks.
            >
            > That's your Google toolbar indicating which fields can be auto-filled.

That's what I thought too, but in Design Mode?

• 3. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
              Level 7
              On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:18:09 -0700, "Mad Dog"
              <md@maddogproductions-remove.com> wrote:

>That's what I thought too, but in Design Mode?

When we don't get a link to the offending page, we just guess, right?
              ;-)
              • 4. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
                Puzzle_Ice Level 1
                Pls forgive my shallow knowledge, but what is offending page? And, why google classify some fields to be auto-filled? I checked and recreated the fields repeatedly, and all fields are created thru the same way. The design mode and property settings looks normal. But, it looked different when viewed on browser. Where hv I missed out, and how can I repair this problem? Tk u.
                • 5. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
                  Level 7
                  On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:09:08 +0000 (UTC), "Puzzle Ice"

>Pls forgive my shallow knowledge, but what is offending page? And, why google
                  >classify some fields to be auto-filled? I checked and recreated the fields
                  >repeatedly, and all fields are created thru the same way. The design mode and
                  >property settings looks normal. But, it looked different when viewed on
                  >browser. Where hv I missed out, and how can I repair this problem? Tk u.

The offending page means the page that's giving you problems. Read this
                  about the Google Toolbar's autofill feature:
                  http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/answer.py?answer=17380
                  • 6. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
                    Puzzle_Ice Level 1
                    Tks, Gary. With ur help, I'd unchecked the auto-fill settings. Question: For those who had the auto-fill checked, the fields will appeared different unless I change the field names? e.g. use field1, 2, 3..... instead of name, tel, city etc.
                    • 7. Re: Different appearance of Input Text field in form tag
                      Level 7
                      On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:10:48 +0000 (UTC), "Puzzle Ice"

>Tks, Gary. With ur help, I'd unchecked the auto-fill settings. Question: For
                      >those who had the auto-fill checked, the fields will appeared different unless
                      >I change the field names? e.g. use field1, 2, 3..... instead of name, tel, city
                      >etc.

You're welcome. Yes, those with the toolbar and using the autofill will
                      see colored fields for any field names of any fields the toolbar
                      recognizes.