2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 4:12 PM by NikolaV97

Sound Functions on button presses

xcmuddman
      Hi All,

i will be adding some sound "beeps" (most likely 2 second  audibles) that will play when a user hits a button etc.

is it better to have them load/play by delegating a button press to them?

I am concerned about how the timeline can get bogged down and i want them to play only when prompted by a button press for a certain amount of time (eg. 2seconds etc.)  --- not governed by the timeline...

Also if the user moves  backward on the timeline i wont want the sound to play... so more like  when they press a button i will need it to play...

do you have  any suggestions on this?

thanks.

Pat

• 1. Re: Sound Functions on button presses
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

add the sound to your library, assign a linkage id and use the sound class to attach your sound.  play it when your button is clicked.

• 2. Re: Sound Functions on button presses
            NikolaV97

as i understood you want to play a beep when you press a button...

if im right, do the following:

- add the sound to your library

- make a button, or use a premade one...

- double click on the button to edit it

- so now you should see 4 frames: Up(when button does nothing, just stands), Over(when you go over the button with the pointer), Down(when you click it), Hit(clicked)

- i guess the best would be to put the sound in 'Down' frame so it plays when clicked

adding the sound - just drag and drop the sound from library to frame 3...

i hope i helped, if not reply me and ill try to explain again...