4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2007 11:18 AM by HeadCollector

I need frame work help in dreamweaver

HeadCollector
      i want to make a website in dreamweaver with a fireworks popup menu on the top frame that will go overtop the main frame below it. The navagation bar is in the fram on the top of the page and the main frame where i want the pages to sppear is below the top frame. I import the fireworks navagation bar into dreamweaver and try and have the drop down box on the top frame but the drop down box goes under the other frame is there a way to have the box go above the bottom frame and keep the navagion bar on the top frame?
        • 1. Re: I need frame work help in dreamweaver
          Level 7
          Frame heights are exact, either % or px. If the height of top frame is 150px
          and the contents of "topFrame.htm" are 200px, 50 px will be available only
          by scrolling.
          That's the way it is with frames. Frame pages must adhere to the parameters
          of the frameset.

Back in the day when frames were first introduced they filled a need,
          (mostly novelty) and everyone gave them a try. Today there are almost no
          instances where you need to use frames.

Jeff

"HeadCollector" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fc6mqr$6c3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >i want to make a website in dreamweaver with a fireworks popup menu on the
          >top
          > frame that will go overtop the main frame below it. The navagation bar is
          > in
          > the fram on the top of the page and the main frame where i want the pages
          > to
          > sppear is below the top frame. I import the fireworks navagation bar into
          > dreamweaver and try and have the drop down box on the top frame but the
          > drop
          > down box goes under the other frame is there a way to have the box go
          > above the
          > bottom frame and keep the navagion bar on the top frame?
          >

• 2. Re: I need frame work help in dreamweaver
            JoeDaSilva Level 4
            Yeah, more or less think of it as two browser windows. There's no way of doing what you're looking to do. Also restating what Jeff said, you won't find many professionals that use frames anymore.
            • 3. Re: I need frame work help in dreamweaver
              Level 7
              Framed sites are complicated, problematic and unfriendly to work with.
              - It's hard to bookmark framed pages.
              - Search engines don't know the difference between frame1, frame2 and
              framesets so visitors may land on frames without content or content without
              frames.
              - What will your site visitors do if they land on a page without
              navigation?
              Think twice about why you think you must use frames. Then consider this...
              most web builders abandoned frames in the 90's. This is 2007.

--Nancy O.
              Alt-Web Design & Publishing
              www.alt-web.com

"HeadCollector" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:fc6mqr$6c3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > i want to make a website in dreamweaver with a fireworks popup menu on the
              > frame that will go overtop the main frame below it. The navagation bar is
              in
              > the fram on the top of the page and the main frame where i want the pages
              to
              > sppear is below the top frame. I import the fireworks navagation bar into
              > dreamweaver and try and have the drop down box on the top frame but the
              drop
              > down box goes under the other frame is there a way to have the box go
              above the
              > bottom frame and keep the navagion bar on the top frame?
              >

• 4. Re: I need frame work help in dreamweaver
                HeadCollector Level 1
                ok i think im gonna go a diffrent way then lol
                thanks for your help