10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 9:35 AM by Kim Isola

Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login

jtb3rd Level 1

I have repeatedly trried to pull up the help for Catalyst and I recieve a login dialog box.  Upon entering the information I'm presented a message saying login/password failed.  Does this work?  If so, how do I get the login to work? In the same context how do we provide bug feedback, In these forumns?

Joe

• 1. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
          Bear Travis Adobe Employee

Hello Joe,

Have you tried closing out the login dialog? You may have to close out several, but I believe this may solve your problem. Let me know if that works or not.

-Bear

• 2. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
            Kim Isola Adobe Employee

Hi Joe,

There shouldn't be a login on the Flash Catalyst beta help. Can you answer a few questions which will help troubleshoot what's going on:

-What product name is displayed at the top of the login dialog box you see?

-If you choose "Cancel" at the login box, does Flash Catalyst help open for you?

The help for beta 2 was very much in draft form and quite sparse, but it is well supported by excellent community help content sources (tutorials and movies) in support of the beta. These are all searchable from withing the Adobe Community Help application. You can also find them here:

beta 2:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashcatalyst/tutorials/

http://tv.adobe.com/show/discover-flash-catalyst/

beta 1:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashcatalyst/tutorials/beta1.html

http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=778&utm_source=LDC&utm_medium=viral&utm_ content=flash_catalyst&utm_campaign=flash_catalyst

It is fine to use these forums for this kind of feedback, we definitely want to hear it! Thank you--

Regards,

Kim Isola, Learning Resources

• 3. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
              jtb3rd Level 1

I believe that it was because I was running a 64 bit browser because I still did get a login with a 32 bit one but I logged in fine using my normal Adobe password.  I had this problem before with other login's it is like it's using Unicode characters and the app is expecting ASCII but haven't looked at it with a packet sniffer yet.

Thanks

Joe Barnes

• 4. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                ZubZer0Her0 Level 1

I have the same problem.. i tried to change so it opened in my webbrowser but it still asks for a username/email and password.. the browser say that the site says ”FlashCatalyst CS5 Help (contact Adobe prerelease team for access or click Cancel)”

• 5. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                  jtb3rd Level 1

I had to check but I'm still having the problem and when I close the login dialog box it keeps coming back untill finally it dissapears leaving a text box within the right side of the help window that says access denied for my ip address. In the earlier post I had been having trouble using my default browser Namoroka (64 bit firefox) on some sites and when I switched to the 32 bit firefox or ie I didn't have the same problem.  With that instance it appeared that the caps lock made a difference when typing in numerals even though they displayed identically within the browser.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise (development version.)  I don't see a way to attach a file (screen capture of the error message) so I will type it

:

Access denied

We're sorry, you are not allow access to the service you requested.

If you feel you should have access, please contact the appropriate authorities and give them you IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thank you for your patience.

Now I had run Catalyst on XP SP2 (32 bit) and don't remember seeing this.

Joe

• 6. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                    jtb3rd Level 1

One other thing is that the login dialog reports that it is sending the information in clear text which is not like any of the other Adobe logins which keep your password secure.

• 7. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                      Kim Isola Adobe Employee

Hi Joe and SubZeroHero,

I'm sorry you are still experiencing issues with access. Can you clarify:

-How are you invoking Help to begin with? (Are you choosing it from the Help menu in Catalyst?)

-It sounds like you may be trying to access Help directly in a browser, rather than using the Adobe Help AIR client; if so, can you please confirm?

-Which build of Catalyst are you using?

Thank you!

• 8. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                        jtb3rd Level 1

Both the Lightroom 3 Beta 2 and Flash Catalyst have the same problem.

Catalyst Beta 2 - 234292

Lightroom 3 Beta 2 - 662985

I access both right from the help menu bar item at the top of the application.  I have some idea that it's related to an install I remember that provided contextual help from the community based on the operation or current selection. At the moment I forget what it was called but I feel it is related to this problem somehow.  When you select help within the application where does it take you or what window does it invoke (is it from a local help file or is it from the Adobe Community Help?)

• 9. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                          ZubZer0Her0 Level 1

1. Yes i'm choosing help from the help menu in catalyst

2. I tried the help air client, then tried in my browser

3. Catalyst Beta 2 Build 253292

EDIT: I just downloaded the new version of the community help air app from http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/communityhelp/, i still get that i have to login, and still can't, but if i click cancel on it i can use the app...

• 10. Re: Does the help work for Catalyst? Can't login
                            Kim Isola Adobe Employee

Hello,

I wanted to check back and see if you are still experiencing any issues with accessing Help. Yesterday, the password protection was removed from all CS5 Help systems. There is also a new build of the Adobe Community Help AIR application available on Adobe Labs. Here are instructions for accessing that:

First, delete the local cached version of your ‘help config’ file. The file is named “FlashCatalyst_1.0.helpcfg”, and is located here:

-Windows XP: C:/Documents and Settings/<username>/Application Data/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1/LocalStore/HelpCfg/en_US
                            -Windows 7 or Vista: C:/User/<username>/AppData/Roaming/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1/LocalSt ore/HelpCfg/en_US
                            -MacOS: Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1/Local Store/HelpCfg/en_US/

Empty your trash.

Next, download the latest version of the Adobe Community Help AIR app here:
                            http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/communityhelp/
                            (click the blue install now button)

Go ahead and launch help from Flash Catalyst. You should get the CS5 version of FC help, and no prompts for passwords. Please let me know if you continue to have any issues at all!

Regards,