3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2007 4:51 AM by dream_kitchen

connecting to server

dream_kitchen Level 1
      I seem to always have issues getting Dream Weaver to connect to a server. I have no problem getting into these servers via common FTP programs. Why can't I simply connect to the remote server via FTP method in Dream Weaver? I always get a message that connection failed.

Thanks
      Jerry
        • 1. Re: connecting to server
          mattvanb Level 1
          Hey Jerry,

I know what you mean. :) I just put mine together last night.

What do the settings for your FTP in dreamweaver look like?
          • 2. Re: connecting to server
            Level 7
            On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 03:08:57 +0000 (UTC), "dream_kitchen"
            <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>I seem to always have issues getting Dream Weaver to connect to a server. I
            >have no problem getting into these servers via common FTP programs. Why can't
            >I simply connect to the remote server via FTP method in Dream Weaver? I always
            >get a message that connection failed.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Jerry

Try ticking Passive Mode if you haven't already.
            • 3. Re: connecting to server
              dream_kitchen Level 1
              Something else is a foot. The problem seems to be isolated to the laptop. A different PC logs on just fine. Looked for a firewall issue that is preventing this laptop from connecting. Can't find one. Any Clues?

There is a reported bug in Dreamweaver that I came across. In advanced mode, when you designate an FTP, there is a text box for Host or URL. This box tries to mirror what is typed above as a url address as default entry. But often it adds additional "Http" characters which makes the test not work, so you always have to type it in anyway.

thanks
              jerry