9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2010 8:52 AM by Lopo Nopo

Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro

Lopo Nopo

Hello!

I want to buy one license for the Flex Builder 3 Professional but as far as I can see, Adobe's store doesn't offer it anymore.

Further more, I understand that the price is approximately US$ 600.

Searching the web I've found this reseller:

http://www.azrul.com/files/buy/business/buy-adobe-flex-builder-3-pro.html

It says:

Retail Price: $669.95
      Our Price: $79.95
      You Save: $590
      ZIP Archive - 438Mb

Could it really be so? US$ 80?

Also, concerning upgrades, if I buy the Flex 3 version from the above website, will I be able to upgrade to the Flex Builder 4 Pro edition in a discounted price (approx. US$ 200 at Adobe's store) later without any issues?

Thank you!

Added:

This website also offers it for the same price: http://softprimestore.com/item/226/adobe-flex-builder-professional-3.htm

• 1. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
          JeffryHouser Level 4

Flash Builder 4 was released three days ago; just buy that.

• 2. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
            Lopo Nopo Level 1

Haha!

I ask for FB3 for a reason you know.. (:

• 3. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
              umxprime

I have a Flex 3 Pro license.

What if I sell it and ask for adobe to transfer it to you, to let me buy a full FB4 new license ?

:-)

• 4. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
                Ansury Level 3

JeffryHouser wrote:

Flash Builder 4 was released three days ago; just buy that.

Well this is assuming FB4 allows you to set the SDK it compiles with, for those of us supporting Flex 2 or 3 SDK built applications who have no desire to port those apps to Flex 4.  (Not that it doesn't allow use of older SDKs, I have no idea if it allows that or not, but it should.)

• 5. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
                  Ansury Level 3

umxprime wrote:

What if I sell it and ask for adobe to transfer it to you, to let me buy a full FB4 new license ?

Not sure that kind of stuff is typically allowed (technically) legally.

2.4.3 No Transfer. Licensee shall not sublicense, assign or transfer the Software or Licensee’s rights in the Software,

or authorize any portion of the Software to be copied onto or accessed from another individual’s or entity’s

Computer except as may be explicitly provided in this Agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this

Section 2.4.3, Licensee may transfer copies of the Software installed on one of Licensee’s Computers to another one

of Licensee’s Computers provided that the resulting installation and use of the Software is in accordance with the

terms of this Agreement and does not cause Licensee to exceed Licensee’s right to use the Software under this

Agreement.

Out of a Flex Builder license agreement (didn't say which version).  Not sure if there's another section that I missed saying this particular type of 'transfer' is allowed. 

• 6. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
                    JeffryHouser Level 4

I does; multiple SDK support was added in Flex Builder 3; and was not removed in Flash Builder 4.

I have set up multiple SDKs tow ork w/ Flash Builder 4.  I think 3.0; 3.2; 3.5; and 4

• 7. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
                      umxprime Level 1

2.4.3 No Transfer. Licensee shall not...

Well, to me that means the licensee shall not (it's an EULA). But Adobe could ;-)

The licensee may call Adobe to proceed a license transfer, as the end user shall not do a transfer by himself.

Same process with Luxology and Modo, license transfer only doable by asking Luxology to transfer software registration to another account.

• 8. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
                        Lopo Nopo Level 1

Haha - a sweet idea, although I would like to get a "first hand" product (: !

Well, can anyone from Adobe confirm that those two (posted in the original thread) resellers are genuine? Maybe ask there at the (Adobe's) office? Thank you (:

• 9. Re: Purchasing Flex Builder 3 Pro
                          Lopo Nopo Level 1
                          for those of us supporting Flex 2 or 3 SDK built applications who have no desire to port those apps to Flex 4.

That's the main reason for my request.

I didn't say I won't upgrade in the future though.