1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2007 4:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

page print javascript code

TrentSC
      Evening all,

I've got a problem with a php site a colleague's developed. The client wants a 'page print' option, and the normal javascript "javascript:window.print()" doesn't work, because the page uses an internal scrolldiv-type approach to maintain the page's layout. What it does is, as the javascript suggests, is print the window.

I'm trying to find out if there's an equivalent that can handle printing everything and not just what's currently in the visible window. Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Jack M
        • 1. Re: page print javascript code
          Level 7
          TrentSC wrote:

> Evening all,
          >
          > I've got a problem with a php site a colleague's developed. The client wants
          > a 'page print' option, and the normal javascript "javascript:window.print()"
          > doesn't work, because the page uses an internal scrolldiv-type approach to
          > maintain the page's layout. What it does is, as the javascript suggests, is
          > print the window.
          >
          > I'm trying to find out if there's an equivalent that can handle printing
          > everything and not just what's currently in the visible window. Can anyone
          > help?
          >
          Not all browsers provide a print() method. Having said that, those
          browsers that support window.print() should print the whole page, not
          just the visible content.
          Mick