4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 5:51 PM by the_wine_snob

CREATING "MASTER" PROJECT WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS (PRE)

SanAntonio Kid

I am creating a new thread following up on earlier questions re Premiere Elements 8.0 (PRE).

I have created (authored?) 14 projects with music using PRE and burned each on 1 DVD.  I did not save to a folder, but went to Share and Burn Disc.  They show well on TV from an ordinary DVD player.  Now I must combine these projects into 3 "master" projects on 3 DVDs and burn multiple copies to send to former members of my Boy Scout Troop.  See the chart below. I thought (silly me) that I could do that straightforwardly with PRE.  I am going to start following suggestions from Bill Hunt and Nealeh.  

Titles of Existing “Premiere Elements 8.0” “Sub” Projects

All Burned Individually to NTSC DVD Standard

Each Project Now on Separate DVD

No. of Slides

Running Time

Min:Sec

Desired

New Project for DVD Players

Introduction & Dedication

5:30

DVD NO. 1

417 Slides

69:46

With Main Menu Marker for Each SubProject

1974 Canoe Trip

9:12

1975 Canoe Trip

16:41

1976 Canoe Trip

5:12

1977 Canoe Trip

3:00

1978 Canoe Trip

14:02

1979 Canoe Trip

2:15

1982 Canoe Trip

13:54

1973 Jamboree

10:42

DVD NO. 2

247 Slides

34:32

1981 Jamboree

15:11

1985-2001 Jamboree

8:39

Troop 184 Camping & Hiking

34:28

DVD NO. 3

443 Slides

78:12

Other Activities 1972--1985

10:19

Troop 184 Family Camping  1974--2006

33:25

Total Slides

182:30

182:30

• 1. Re: CREATING "MASTER" PROJECT WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS (PRE)
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You certainly can do this with Premiere Elements!

If you go to Share/Personal Computer/AVI, you can output each short video as an AVI.

Then open a new project, using the DV project settings, and bring all of those AVIs into it.

You should be able to output a very nice DVD from them -- althought 3 hours is probably a little long for even a dual-layer DVD disc.

You'll get much higher quality if you do this as a set of three one-hour DVDs.

• 2. Re: CREATING "MASTER" PROJECT WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS (PRE)
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks for that chart. Your 3 DVD-Videos average just over 60 mins., so quality should not be an issue.

I would handle each of these Projects, one-at-a-time, and just start with the Projects that contain the slide shows for that #1 DVD-Video. In PrE, choose Export/Share and choose AVI with the DV/DVC Preset. Check that Audio is PCM/WAV (Uncompressed) 48KHz 16-bit, and make sure that Recompress is turned OFF (unchecked). Do the same for each of the Projects in DVD #1.

Create a new Project for DVD #1 and Import the DV-AVI's. All you will need to do now is make sure that they are brought onto the Timeline in order, place the proper DVD Markers where they are required and then choose the Menu Set.

When the Preview is as you wish, I would Burn to Folder, and use a DVD software player to test. One could also use a DVD RW disc to test on set-top players. Note: do not use DVD RW discs for delivery, but just for testing. When all is perfect, then use ImgBurn to do the physical burn to Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden blank media, as a slower, than max. burn speed, choosing the # of discs. required.

Repeat.

Good luck, and if you need any clarification, do not hesitate to ask for it.

Hunt

• 3. Re: CREATING "MASTER" PROJECT WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS (PRE)
              SanAntonio Kid Level 1

Many thanks for your help and patience, Bill.  OK, just to reinforce that I am a "newbie", I have 2 more questions.

1.  Where in the Adobe Forum do I turn off the emails?  I am getting them by dozens!

2.  I have stared and stared at the IMGBURN site and can't find the "download" button?  Where is it?

Thanks again from your newest newbie, Steve Kale 

• 4. Re: CREATING "MASTER" PROJECT WITH PREMIERE ELEMENTS (PRE)
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Hey, those ain't "newbie" questions. The first one gets posted to the Forum Comments forum weekly. The second one, well I should have posted my normal detail, but got lazy - mea culpa, mea culpa.

1.) This ARTICLE should step you through the processes with the e-mails. If you have any questions, let us know. There are several places, where e-mail notification can be turned ON and OFF. Some are global, and some are specific to threads.*

2.) Ah, the ImgBurn site. The top 2/3 are all ads. Hey, it's great free software, so who can blame 'em? Scroll down to where the page has the various versions and what they addressed. There is a Download button there (well below those ads). That is what you want. Normally, I mention the scrolling way down page, but you caught me here.

Good luck,

Hunt

* Going back a few months, while trying to help another user on the Forum Comments forum, I got hit with a global change in my e-mail settings. I got about 1,000/day, for every forum that I participate in - think 1,000 x PS, PrPRo, Encore, InDesign, Illustrator, Audition, PrE and all of their sub-fora! Fortunately, it only took about 3 days for Adobe to get that fixed.