4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 12:18 PM by Nik_Jane

Text Entry Box

Nik_Jane

Hi

I am new to captivate, using Captivate 4.  I have to create a training simulation where the learning needs to fill in a form.  What I am wondering is can you set up a text entry box that is a free text field?

E.g.  I don't care what name they put on the form, I just need them to put a name on the form.

• 1. Re: Text Entry Box
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

You really want just the user to enter something in the Text Entry Box? Then you'll have to open the Properties of the TEB (right mouse menu): keep 'Retain text' activated, but do not enter any 'correct entries' on the first tab. On the second tab (Options) be sure to deactivate 'Validate user input'. Now the user just enters something, it will be visible, when confirming (with the Submit button or a shortcut) the entry the action specified 'on success' will be realized. If you want the entered text later on, and are using CP4, you can link the entry to a user variable (in the last tab 'Advanced')

Lilybiri

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Text Entry Box
            Nik_Jane Level 1

Thank you Lilybiri - very helpful!

• 3. Re: Text Entry Box
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Glad it helped you. For the sake of other readers of the forum (it is well visited): why did you mark the question as 'Unanswered'? This puzzles me.

Lilybiri

• 4. Re: Text Entry Box
                Nik_Jane Level 1

Sorry - missed that when I posted my reply