4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2007 3:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

default preferences

Level 7

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____
      Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-8-i
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

SGksDQpJIGRyZXcgYSByZWN0YW5nbGUgd2l0aCB0aGUgcmVjdGFuZ2xlIHRvb2wsIGZpbGxlZCB3
      aXRoIGEgY29sb3IsIGFuZCBhZGRlZCBhIHRleHQuDQp3aGVuIEkgYW0gZ29pbmcgdG8gdGhlIDxw
      cmV2aWV3PiwgZXhwb3J0IHRvIDxnaWY+IG9yIHByZXZpZXcgaW4gYnJvd3NlciwgdGhlIHRleHQg
      ZGlzYXBwZWFycy4NCg0KSXQgd2FzIG5vdCBsaWtlIHRoaXMgYmVmb3JlLiBTb21ldGhpbmcgd2Fz
      IGNoYW5nZWQsIG1heWJlIGluIHRoZSBzZXQtdXAsIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IGtub3cgd2hlcmUgdG8g
      bG9vay4NClRJQQ==

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____
      Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____"

--____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____
      Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1255
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

PEhUTUw+PEhFQUQ+DQo8TUVUQSBodHRwLWVxdWl2PUNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZSBjb250ZW50PSJ0ZXh0
      L2h0bWw7IGNoYXJzZXQ9aXNvLTg4NTktOC1pIj4NCjxNRVRBIGNvbnRlbnQ9Ik1TSFRNTCA2LjAw
      LjI4MDAuMTU5NSIgbmFtZT1HRU5FUkFUT1I+PC9IRUFEPg0KPEJPRFkgc3R5bGU9Ik1BUkdJTjog
      NHB4IDRweCAxcHg7IEZPTlQ6IDEwcHQgQXJpYWwiPg0KPERJVj5IaSw8L0RJVj4NCjxESVY+SSBk
      cmV3IGEgcmVjdGFuZ2xlIHdpdGggdGhlIHJlY3RhbmdsZSB0b29sLCBmaWxsZWQgd2l0aCBhIGNv
      bG9yLCBhbmQgYWRkZWQgYSB0ZXh0LjwvRElWPg0KPERJVj53aGVuIEkgYW0gZ29pbmcgdG8mbmJz
      cDt0aGUgJmx0O3ByZXZpZXcmZ3Q7LCBleHBvcnQgdG8gJmx0O2dpZiZndDsgb3IgcHJldmlldyBp
      biBicm93c2VyLCB0aGUgdGV4dCBkaXNhcHBlYXJzLjwvRElWPg0KPERJVj4mbmJzcDs8L0RJVj4N
      CjxESVY+SXQgd2FzIG5vdCBsaWtlIHRoaXMgYmVmb3JlLiBTb21ldGhpbmcgd2FzIGNoYW5nZWQs
      IG1heWJlIGluIHRoZSBzZXQtdXAsIGJ1dCBJIGRvbid0IGtub3cgd2hlcmUgdG8gbG9vay48L0RJ
      Vj4NCjxESVY+VElBPC9ESVY+DQo8RElWPiZuYnNwOzwvRElWPjwvQk9EWT48L0hUTUw+

--____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____--

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____--
        • 1. Re: default preferences
          Level 7
          http://deebs.diinoweb.com/files/Ideas/004aff.jpg

Shosh Kalmanovitz wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I drew a rectangle with the rectangle tool, filled with a color, and
          > added a text.
          > when I am going to the <preview>, export to <gif> or preview in browser,
          > the text disappears.
          >
          > It was not like this before. Something was changed, maybe in the set-up,
          > but I don't know where to look.
          > TIA
          >
          • 2. Re: default preferences
            Level 7
            OK, I used a slightly different workflow or so ...

1 - select the Export Area tool (it usually lives just under the direct
            select tool and there are two options: Crop tool and Export Area tool
            (keyboard shortcut is C on my config))

2 - draw out the export area (a rectangle with dashed lines and
            adjusters will appear onscreen)

3 - once the export area is positioned and sized as you wish right-click
            in the export area and follow the dialogues

4 - post back to this forum to share whethr it worked or not
            • 3. Re: default preferences
              Level 7
              Now what would be really suite de sweet would be for Fireworks to say
              "OK deebs, do you want to save the parameters of that export area just
              in case you want to use them again?"

In most cases I'd probably click "OK"

It is much akin/parallel to the way Photoshop allows saving a selection.

What may be sweeter still is for Fireworks to support multiple export
              area parameters much like Photoshop allows for saving multiple
              selections. Yes?
              • 4. Re: default preferences
                Level 7
                Thanks for your recommendations, but it doesn't solve the problem.
                On other PC/workstation it works OK, this is the reason I think that this is a setup/defaults parameters problems. Maybe I changed them and I didn't notice.
                TIA

>>> deebs<deebs@false.false> 14/09/2007 22:05:44 >>>
                OK, I used a slightly different workflow or so ...

1 - select the Export Area tool (it usually lives just under the direct
                select tool and there are two options: Crop tool and Export Area tool
                (keyboard shortcut is C on my config))

2 - draw out the export area (a rectangle with dashed lines and
                adjusters will appear onscreen)

3 - once the export area is positioned and sized as you wish right-click
                in the export area and follow the dialogues

4 - post back to this forum to share whethr it worked or not