13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 7:18 AM by glitch_b0b

Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)

glitch_b0b

I currently run the Flash Builder 4 eclipse plugin under Eclipse 3.5. Plugins I have installed are: Subclipse 1.6 and Aptana Studio 2.0. When I the FB plugin along with the other plugins everything works fine until I reboot OSX. After a reboot when I go to launch Eclipse I am presented with the below:

Configuration error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe

technical support for help, and mention the error

code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 5

I've not contacted Adobe technical support yet regarding this issue. Following the instruction I uninstall FB and even Eclipse and download and install them both yet mostly everytime I reboot OSX and/or restart eclipse I'm presented with the Configuration error screen. Note when this error pops up I'm unable to view Flash Builder related perspectives. I.e, when I open any *.as files I'm presented with a blank perspective. When I try to open any *.mxml files the below error is shown in the perspective:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createContainer(MultiPageEditorPart.java:285)

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:356)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180 )

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFo lder.java:270)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder .java:65)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStack Presentation.java:473)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1209)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1608)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:499)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:103)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:485)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:112)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:63)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:225)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:213)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:778)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:677)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:638)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2854)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2762)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2754)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2705)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2701)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2685)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2668)

at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditorOnFileStore(IDE.java:1151)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.OpenLocalFileAction.run(OpenLocalFileAction.java:107)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.actions.OpenLocalFileAction.run(OpenLocalFileAction.java:76)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionI tem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java :411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1598)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1622)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1607)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1396)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3484)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3068)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

I've installed and uninstalled the FB eclipse plugin multiple times within the past day to no avail. Any help on this matter will be most welcomed!

~gb

• 1. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
          Vivek Lakhanpal

I also faced similar kind of problem on FB 4 after running it for last 2-3days. Suddenly when i started it today i got this message:

Configuration error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe

technical support for help, and mention the error

code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 3

I am running Windows XP OS.

Here is what i am getting while trying to open the file:

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createContainer(MultiPageEditorPart.java:260)

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:309)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:661)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:428)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:594)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:306)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180 )

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFo lder.java:270)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder .java:65)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStack Presentation.java:473)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.presentationSelectionChanged(PartStack.java:843)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.access$1(PartStack.java:829)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack$1.selectPart(PartStack.java:139)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation$1.handleEvent(TabbedSt ackPresentation.java:133)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder. java:267)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder. java:276)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.defaultpresentation.DefaultTabFolder.access$1(Defau ltTabFolder.java:1)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.defaultpresentation.DefaultTabFolder$2.handleEvent( DefaultTabFolder.java:87)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1027)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1012)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:770)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3242)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:2017)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:320)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

Any idea what can be the problem?

thanks

• 2. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
            glitch_b0b Level 1

Hi Vivek,

Are you also running Aptana Studio as well. I've uninstalled Aptana Studio just to see if the Error arises again. If it doesn't, looks like Aptana is the culprit. I will report back in if I do not receive the error again do to the uninstall.

• 3. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
              ChrisPaduan Level 1

It would be useful to have the log files amt3.log and oobelib.log which are located  in the directory /tmp (Mac OS X) or %TEMP%  (Windows). I will PM you both shortly to get these logs.

• 4. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                mvandani

I'm in the same boat.  I'm running the Flash Builder plugin on a Windows 7 box.  I saw the same "Configuration error" message that glitch_b0b ran into.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but every time I try to open MXML files I'm presented with this similar stack track:

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createContainer(MultiPageEditorPart.java:285)

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:356)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1608)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:499)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:103)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:485)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:112)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:63)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:225)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:213)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:778)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:677)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:638)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2854)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2762)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2754)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2705)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2701)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2685)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2676)

at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:651)

at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:610)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenFileAction.openFile(OpenFileAction.java:99)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenSystemEditorAction.run(OpenSystemEditorAction.java:99)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.OpenActionGroup.runDefaultAction(OpenActionGroup.java:133)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editors.derived.ui.navigator.FlexMainActionGroup.runDefaultAction(F lexMainActionGroup.java:350)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator.handleOpen(ResourceNavigator.java:787)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator$6.open(ResourceNavigator.java:499)

at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHel per.java:48)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:842)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:840)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1101)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1205)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:264)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:258)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:298)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

When I open Actionscript files, I get a blank, gray editor.  No stack trace, no code.  Every time I start Eclipse I'm prompted to either enter my serial number or continue with a trial, regardless of whether I've entered the serial number for the current installation before.  Selecting either option does not change any behavior with the editor.  I've tried this with the clean, bundled version of Eclipse and by plugging into my other Eclipse install.

I do not have the amt3.log and oobelib.log files in my temp directory.

• 5. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                  glitch_b0b Level 1

Ugh, just logged into work cpu and fired up FB4 and got the same issue again. Unfortunately I uninstalled FB4 before I saw that I had a response to my post.

Chris I was just forwarded a new FB4 company serial and a new internal FTP location to DL FB4. If after I install this version with a different serial I am still running into the same issue I shall post the information you requested.

~gb

• 6. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                    ChrisPaduan Level 1

Hi gb,

If you have access to the install logs I asked for, those would still probably be of interest, if you can send those.

• 7. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                      ChrisPaduan Level 1

Hi mvandani,

Do you get the configuration error message every time you try to use FB4? What is the error number? If you see the dialog asking for the serial number and/or the configuration error message, those logs should exist.  If you go to Windows Explorer and type  %TEMP% in the address bar and hit Enter, there are no .log files in the Windows Explorer menu? I think on Windows 7 %TEMP% maps to C:\users\<youruserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\.

• 8. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                        ChrisPaduan Level 1

Hi gb,

Please disregard my comment about the install logs, response was to a different thread.  :-}

• 9. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                          glitch_b0b Level 1

No problemo Chris. I would have to try to replicate the issue I was receiving to get you those logs if you still wanted them. Hopefully something else I found out might help those that are still having issues. I was able to replicate the Configuration Error issue on both FB4 Standalone and FB4 eclipse plugin versions. Now, here is the kicker, if I install the company provided FB4 Standalone version I'm not able to replicate the issue (not yet anyways...knock on wood).

I noticed that my companies FB4 seems to be different than the ones you can download off the adobe site in that with the version I currently have installed there is no option for you to install plugins from installations sites directly through FB4. You have to install them manually. Where as the Adobe FB4 trial downloads have this feature enabled.

I've as of yet to run into the Configuration Error issue again but if I do you'll probably see me posting in this thread again.

~gb

• 10. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                            ChrisPaduan Level 1

Hi Vivek,

Did you get my PM about log files the other day?

• 11. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                              ChrisPaduan Level 1

Hi Vivek,

I looked at your log and it appears that you are running from the E: drive. Do you have multiple versions of Windows installed on your machine? If so, when you did the installation, was the version of Windows you were running at the time on the E: drive?

• 12. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                                mvandani Level 1

I don't want to get ahead of myself since it took a few days for the problem to show up the first time, but I seem to have solved it.  When I first ran into the configuration error I rolled back to betas of Flash Builder and CFBuilder, but today when I fired up Eclipse I was greeted with an alert that told me the CFBuilder beta had expired.  I uninstalled it and installed the release version.  After launching Eclipse again, I got an error message that said, "Licensing for this product has stopped working".  I came across this tech note and started working through the recommended fixes.  I ultimately uninstalled all of my Adobe products and removed the Adobe PCD, backup, and caps directories.  I downloaded a fresh install of Eclipse and began reinstalled Adobe products.  At the moment I have the release versions of Flash Builder and CFBuilder running happily as plugins.

• 13. Re: Flash Builder 4 - Configuration Error (OSX 10.5)
                                  glitch_b0b Level 1

Hello All,

Been awhile since I've visited this thread I created on this issue but I wanted to respond again as the problem cropped up again and I really did not want to uninstall FB4 and reinstall it again. The error in question is the Configuration Error and/or (Error: 5) error that pops up in Mac OSX with Adobe Applications. I can definitely confirm that mvandani's reply above stating to remove the Adobe PCD and Cap folders from the directories below will fix the issue:

[Startup Disk]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD

[Startup Disk]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps

Once you reinstall any Adobe Application these folders are added again to the directories above. The issue I ran into is that the company I work for uses self-healing software (Filewave) to push out licensed applications to the developers/engineers. I.e., if I delete Flash it will be pushed out to me the next time I'm on the network and reauthorized/licensed to my cpu. Installing trial software, I.e., FB4 beta seems to affect self-healing in a way that Filewave notes that the folders above have been modified and repopulates the folders with the CS4 information which in affect breaks FB4 at my next launch or reboot.

For anyone having this issue the only workaround I know of is to create two folders on your desktop, one for the CS4 (PCD/Caps) and the other for (PCD/Caps) of what ever Adobe trial software and/or standalone licensed software that you may be installing on your Mac. It seems the folders above are checked at launch of the application so if you need to run both apps congruently you can just delete the one currently running and paste in the one you need to launch. I've found that this is a viable workaround for the Filewave (self-healing) issue that seems to be the cause of my particular issue.

I definitely hope this helps someone out there as it has been the bane of my existence for much too long!

~gb