Before you do any of this, make a backup copy of your site files (not the definition, the folder and files themselves) and preserve them in case anything goes wrong in the process.
- First, make sure your site is properly defined and all contained within a site folder.
- Then make sure the Templates are all in the Templates folder.
- Make sure each page is where you want it to be in your site file structure.
- Go into each Template and correct any paths that need tweaking. If your site has been seriously discombobulated (technical term!), you will want to check and fix every link by the Browse for File method or the Point to Link. DO NOT try to type the paths into the Template yourself manually.
- Open each page in succession, and re-apply the Template that it should be linked to. You do that in Modify > Templates > Apply Template to Page.
- You may have to "assign" copy to editable regions at this step.
- When you finish with each Template, test it by making a minor change to the Template and propagating the change to the child pages. Check the child pages to make sure they are updating when the Template is changed.
- If everything looks good, it is good. Shake your own hand and pat yourself on the back for retrieving a difficult situation.
- If this does not work, post back and we will think about it some more. But it sounds like a reasonable course of action to me.
Thank you so much for your advise.
You're very welcome!