2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 4:46 PM by Steve Grisetti

Flickering Video

VideosOmega

So, I am regularly making videos from still photos. I am not sure what the best settings are to use but haven't had any issues in the past. This time around when I imported the still photo, they seemed fine in the preview. When I burn a DVD or make an AVI file there is a noticeable amount of flicker in the video when I play it back. I haven't tried the flicker reduction option because I know that will reduce the quality of my video, or am I mistaken about this? Please let me know if you have anything for me to try or any settings I should be using.

My computer is custom built running Windows 7 (64 bit) on 12GB of RAM. I have an Intel i7 processor (2.67 Ghz)

• 1. Re: Flickering Video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, as you are going to DVD-Video, can we assume that you have chosen a DV Project Preset, say NTSC, or PAL, based on your geographic location?

Next, please tell us about the still images used. What is the format and what are the pixel x pixel dimensions?

What brand of blank media did you burn the DVD to?

Are you observing this on a TV through a set-top player, or on your computer via a DVD software player?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Flickering Video
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, have you ensured that your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per the FAQs to the right of this forum?

Second, did you right-click on each photo, select Field Options and set it to Flicker Removal?