5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 1:30 PM by namdam239

Dreamweaver not Displaying Correctly in Design View

namdam239

Alright. This is very strange. I'm making a design right now, and it is incorrectly displaying my code in design view. You may be wondering "How is that strange? Dreamweaver has always had it's mishaps when it comes to design view" Well here's the strange part: It displays perfectly fine when I push the "Live Preview" button, which is the one that doesn't open up in a browser but the same Dreamweaver window.

Anybody know what's up? I'm thinking I might have hit a setting or something by accident and it messed up how it gets displayed, but I have looked through and don't know now.

Regards,

Jared

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver not Displaying Correctly in Design View
          namdam239 Level 1

Bump (it's been posted for longer than a minute, I just tried editing and saving to see if that would serve as a bump, and it updated the time for whatever reason)

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver not Displaying Correctly in Design View
            osgood_ Level 8

namdam239 wrote:

Alright. This is very strange. I'm making a design right now, and it is incorrectly displaying my code in design view. You may be wondering "How is that strange? Dreamweaver has always had it's mishaps when it comes to design view" Well here's the strange part: It displays perfectly fine when I push the "Live Preview" button, which is the one that doesn't open up in a browser but the same Dreamweaver window.

Anybody know what's up? I'm thinking I might have hit a setting or something by accident and it messed up how it gets displayed, but I have looked through and don't know now.

Regards,

Jared

That's the way it is sometimes. Live view emulates what the browser sees whereas Dreamweaver does not.

Dreamweaver is still a bit of a dog when it comes to css rendering in Design View. Infact I was astonished to find only a few days ago that it baulked at tried and tested css attributes I have been using for years that had previously displayed correctly. Of course I may have used them in a combination, given there is literally hundreds of minor variations, that it was just not happy with.

The css worked in all modern browsers so I couldn't be asked to pick the page to pieces to detect just when and where the 'fracture' ocurred.

I'm sure if I had the patience I could find a work around to correct the issues but sometimes its just not worth the extra time and frustration.

• 5. Re: Dreamweaver not Displaying Correctly in Design View
              namdam239 Level 1

Well the thing is it worked fine when I saved and closed out the night before. When I reopened it, it was almost as if certain attributes didn't exist, and yet hadn't changed at all since the night before.

The attribute in question seems to only be "margin: 0 auto;" which I am using to center my DIV tags. If you ask me, it's little things like this that shouldn't get through MULTIPLE versions of software.