yes, your first step is ok.
1. Copy the entire code.
2. Create a new DW site, either as html or php.
3. Open the new site in code mode.
4. Delete the existing standard text
5. Copy the complete template- code instead.
6. Switch to design mode: there should be now new page. Done!
open DW. new. html. then i copy the codes from my downloaded template. go to codes tab then erase the old codes there. paste the new codes. when i click on design it showed this
ok, then put it between the body:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
HERE PUT YOUR TEMPLATE CODE
sigh* its complicated than i thought. nevermind guys..i just have to use the basic background color then. but thanks for the reply though.
please don't surrender! Did you test my suggestion in the field?
oh. just finished my website. thank so much for the replies and your time. great forum i didnt know dreamweaver is that good cause at school we were only taught to make websites with notepad.