Expand my Community achievements bar.

Core System Settings - What is this?

Level 10

Ofter I encounter the issue something similar to:

com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: The document pointing to the file "\\mysharedfolder\GDS\docm1269254390633\4a4e78cfc213852d3e741266de4306b8" has expired. Consider increasing the document disposal timeout.

I could increase the document disposal timeout value in adminui from 600 to 6000. But I need to know what exactly this value means?

The default timeout is 600 seconds which is 10 minutes. Long lived processes could span upto several months in my workflows.

So can someone suggest me the detailed usage of this parameter and a suggested value for this??

Also suggest me about the document sweep interval.

Many thanks,

Nith

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Default document disposal timeout

The maximum amount of time, in seconds, during which a document being passed between various LiveCycle ES2 components is considered active. After this time has passed, files that are used to store this document are subject to removal. Use this setting to control the usage of disk space. This setting is mandatory. The default value is 600 seconds.

Document sweep interval

The amount of time, in seconds, between attempts to delete files that are no longer needed and were used to pass document data between services. This setting is mandatory. The default value is 30 seconds.

These settings apply to documents in short-lived processes, only. How you define these parameters is up to you and your requirements, keeping in mind the impact of storing documents to disk.

Steve

Level 10

Thanks Stev,

I gave sufficient delay (i.e 3600 seconds=1hour); However I'm still getting this issue.

The problem is i'm unable to locate on which activity this issue occurs.

One point I learned from you is that its applicable only for short-lived process's documents. This will be helpful for me to dig into the issue further.

Many thanks,

Nith