3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2007 6:26 AM by Newsgroup_User

Dynamic PDF Creation

Dooza (Steve) Level 2
      Has anyone used server based PDF creation components? I am after some recomendations as I am sure someone here must have used one before.

All I want to do is use a template on the server, and populate fields from a database when requested. It needs to be able to add photos that have been uploaded as well.

This is all the functionality I require, and there seems to be many many packages available that seem to cost the earth and do a lot more than I need. I have been trying to find one that does what I need and doesn't cost that much.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Steve
        • 1. Re: Dynamic PDF Creation
          Level 7
          On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:32:33 +0000 (UTC), "Doooza"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>Has anyone used server based PDF creation components? I am after some
          >recomendations as I am sure someone here must have used one before.

I played with http://www.ros.co.nz/pdf/ just a bit. It seems easy enough
          to use, but I haven't dug too deeply.
          • 2. Re: Dynamic PDF Creation
            Dooza (Steve) Level 2
            HI Gary,
            I should have been more specific, I am after an ASP solution. We are on a Windows server and could install PHP, but since we have MS SQL Dreamweaver won't talk to it, we would have to have a MySQL server.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will have a good look at it and see if there is a way to use it.

Cheers,

Steve
            • 3. Re: Dynamic PDF Creation
              Level 7
              On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:00:44 +0000 (UTC), "Doooza"
              <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion, I will have a good look at it and see if there
              >is a way to use it.

You're welcome, Steve. Certainly there must be similar products that run
              on ASP. I just hate Windows servers with a fiery passion, so I've never
              tried any of them.

Good luck!