Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to use xsl document() function with LiveCycle XSLT processor

Level 3

Hello,

I would like to use LiveCycle XSLT processor to merge xml documents by using the xsl document() function.

However, I have not, yet, found  clear reference information on the specifics of how to accomplish in LC. For instance if you have

a transformation that does merging using a standalone xml editor (such as Oxygen), than what is required to accomplish the same

using the LiveCycle XSLT service.  How do you specify the URI of the XML document that is specified as an input in the xsl document() function. Your insight is appreciated.   Regards

3 Replies

Level 3

Hello Steve,

I checked the reference that you cited (XSLT Transformation).   The reference omits discussing how to use xlst document() function within a stylesheet.  I think that probably means that feature of xslt technology is not directly available through LiveCycle.  When I find a workaround, I'll post an update...for the user community that might encounter the same issue.  Thank you for your response and insight.  Regards, jb1809

Level 3

I resorted to a workaround, since could not find the 'how-to' use xslt document() function with LC XSLT processor.  So, instead, added an execute script service.  Within the execute script, used jaxen APIs to perform XSLT processing including the use of document function.  Finally, copied results back into LC process model variables.  More indirect than desired, but works. jb1809